Some startling information!

The National Geographic published an article that grabbed my attention as it is an issue that I can't recall having read of in the past.  The article is only open to subscribers so I'll not post a link but the title of the article is a grabber. Sperm counts worldwide are plummeting faster than we thought. The opening paragraph is:

Five years ago, a study describing a precipitous decline in sperm counts sparked extreme concerns that humanity was on the path to extinction. Now a new study shows that sperm counts have fallen further and the rate of decline is speeding up, raising fears of a looming global fertility crisis.

And farther into the article it says, “This is of concern for not only the families that are affected but also for societies in general, as many countries such as Italy and Japan are already suffering from shrinking populations.”

Digging farther on the internet I found several additional articles of similar nature but this one from Barron's seems to cover pretty much what they all have to say.

Sperm Count Is Declining At Accelerating Rate Worldwide: Study

If world population starts to decline, might that not help to stop climate change? Sometimes I think that being as old as I am isnt all bad.  😏

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

The National Geographic published an article that grabbed my attention as it is an issue that I can't recall having read of in the past.  The article is only open to subscribers so I'll not post a link but the title of the article is a grabber. Sperm counts worldwide are plummeting faster than we thought. The opening paragraph is:

Five years ago, a study describing a precipitous decline in sperm counts sparked extreme concerns that humanity was on the path to extinction. Now a new study shows that sperm counts have fallen further and the rate of decline is speeding up, raising fears of a looming global fertility crisis.

And farther into the article it says, “This is of concern for not only the families that are affected but also for societies in general, as many countries such as Italy and Japan are already suffering from shrinking populations.”

Digging farther on the internet I found several additional articles of similar nature but this one from Barron's seems to cover pretty much what they all have to say.

Sperm Count Is Declining At Accelerating Rate Worldwide: Study

If world population starts to decline, might that not help to stop climate change? Sometimes I think that being as old as I am isnt all bad.  😏

Wonder how they determined that? 🤔 

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

"Innocent until proven guilty" should not apply to chemicals.

UPI picked up another disturbing research publication:

Up to 80% of all women may develop a fibroid tumor during their lifetime. . .

The new study found women with a high exposure to certain phthalates such as DEHP (used as a plasticizer to increase the durability of products such as shower curtains, car upholstery, lunchboxes, shoes and more) and its metabolites have a high risk for having a symptomatic fibroid.

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2022/11/uterine-fibroid-growth-activated-by-chemicals-found-in-everyday-products/

Edited by justRich

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

18 hours ago, usbusin said:

Climate has been changing since the beginning of time.

Yes it has, but the rapidity of the changes since the beginning of the industrial revolution are remarkable and a bit scary.

https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/climatescience/greenhousegases/industrialrevolution.html

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

This reminds me of the story about a fellow who was having terrible headaches.........😮

I actually knew a couple who were having problems getting her pregenate and the first suggestion was for him to change to boxer shorts and it worked! Actually, I posted it because I thought the whole thing a bit funny in light of the other problems in the world.     😄

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

Actually, I posted it because I thought the whole thing a bit funny in light of the other problems in the world.     😄

I suspected as much, thus my tossing in the joke that I knew many of you would recognize.

Unfortunately, often attempts of levity are turned to something political in nature.  See above......

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

20 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

I suspected as much, thus my tossing in the joke that I knew many of you would recognize.

That article was serius, but I was neutered years ago!     😄

Understood.  I took that low leap over the barbed wire fence 37 years ago.  I have the scar to prove it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire