Poop Tote Carrier

How do you transport your portable waste tank (Poop Tote). I really didn't want it tied on the back of the trailer and I certainly didn't want that nasty thing anywhere near living quarters. So I built a Poop Tote holder under the trailer....(sorry for the out of focus )

A video describes it best:

https://youtu.be/gmVUOAVuKyA

Edited by rbertalotto

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

I used ours so seldom that it was pretty easy to keep clean and I always put it into the very rear storage bay of our class A to also minimize the weight behind our rear axle. I have since gotten rid of it for lack of use. I do agree with you about not tieing it on the back for everyone to look at. I really don't like the look of thngs hanging on the outside of my RV. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

NICE JOB, You do good work thanks for posting. I chose not to carry one, with my system the two of us can GO maybe 12 to 14 days before we need to dump, and that's usually long enough in one location anyway given our lifestyle choice.

I enjoyed the video. Best wishes,

John T 

My goes on the bed of the truck when I need to bring it.  I am not full time so it only goes on the truck when we will need it for a particular trip.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Roy,

I have "new to me" tank that I'm nearly certain has never been used, but it has wheels which I don't see on the tank in the video. I presume the tank in the video has very easily removed wheels and axle.

Great video and inventive solution to the issue. 

I also see that the tank in the video has the same water hose connection as my tank, which would make flushing it a challenge. It's a male connection. 

Considering I haven't used the portable tank yet, and will probably not use it correctly the first time I dump, I bought two things:

1. a 3 foot sewer hose connection so that I don't need to use a 8-12 ft stinky slinky 

2. a female - female hose connection so that I can flush the tank at the RV dump site. I also bought a plug for the other side of the female connection for when the tank is in use. Yes I'll try to remember to loosen the plug so that the air escapes as the tank fills.

I'll presume that this is a rookie statement as most full timers probably already have this dump and run technique down pat.

I am a little concerned about the weight of a full tank though. Water is about 7lbs per gallon and there will be more than water in the tank. If I have a 20 gallon portable tank, it will be a challenge to get 140+ lbs into the truck to take it to the dump site, if it's 300 yards away or more. I know some folks rig a method to tow their tank to the dump site with their UTV/golf cart/tow vehicle, but sometimes the dump sites are a LONG WAY from the campsite. Carrying ramps to get it into the truck is an option at the expense of storage space and the cost of the ramps for only that purpose.

I'll have to have another look under my rig for potential storage areas. Thanks for the idea!

Edited by franco-bolli
removed image

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png                                             

I bought a 40G model in 2005; used it one time. In 2013 we bought this MH, it's easier and much more convenient to drive the MH to a dump site than mess with the -er- mess of that blue tank.

I keep it in a corner of the RV garage for visitors in RV's. I have water and 30A electric outside our house. When the blue tank is used, when full I  pull it into my hay field with my ZTR mower and fill up a groundhog hole somewhere around the edge of the field.

Two birds with one stone _ so to speak.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Our poop hauler travels on a set of brackets attached to the motorhome ladder. In deference to my advancing age, I did add a small block and tackle for raising and lowering it last year. As far as any "mess" using it, I haven't had that problem and it's a lot quicker filling the hauler and making a run to the dump station than it is stowing our awning, disconnecting the power and sometimes water, plus all the items inside that get stowed for travel only to set it all up again a short time later.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about a mascreator pump. Put tank in bed of truck...pump poop...go dump. I camp in the desert and hooking up to dump is not a good option. And although my poop tote has wheels,(they simply pop on and off) they would wear out in one trip of 15 miles to the dump station.

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

7 minutes ago, rbertalotto said:

I'm thinking about a mascreator pump. Put tank in bed of truck...pump poop...go dump. I camp in the desert and hooking up to dump is not a good option. And although my poop tote has wheels,(they simply pop on and off) they would wear out in one trip of 15 miles to the dump station.

That would certainly work. I did see someone that had made a mini low bed trailer with 12" wheels that they loaded their portable poop tank on after filling it. The farthest we've hauled our tank so far is about 2 miles, and the wheels that I put on it handle that nicely. The original wheels were plastic with nylon bushings that didn't last long. I replaced them with steel wheels with ball bearings and 10 MPH rated rubber tires. 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system