Best portable Air compressor for Class A tires?

If you have an onboard generator, I would suggest one that is 120V and if you have the room for one, I prefer one of the small tank type compressors as they can do much more than just inflate tires. I carried a Craftsman like this but there may be better choices for you today. On the other hand there are small 12V compressors with the Vair models probably the highest rated, although there are much less costly brands available with similar specs. In compact 120V tire inflators we a friend has used this one for about 10 years now.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Another vote for the Viair.  Works great and easy to move about.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

• 4 weeks later...

viair is a very good brand, but think about not just the top psi, but the volume you get out of the unit and the "run" time.

do you just want to "top off" or fill a flat? change tires? get a good 5 gallon min sized tank. yes a full sized tire can be changed with a couple hand tools and compressed air supply. no fancy powered lug nut tool needed. just a socket, a bar and a six foot pipe, couple tire spoons. (pre mounted on a rim). heck even on the rigs at work, the tire guys change out a tire without even taking the rim off the truck. sure they do it all the time but a fast 5 min job.