THE UNIFORMED SERVICES EMPLOYMENT AND REEMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ACT

Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I have been a Texan since 1953 at age 5.  If I were to comment here I would surely be severely warned for being too political.  The most I can say is sometimes it is really hard to keep loving Texas.  Glad for the court ruling.

Judgment: Reversed and remanded, 5-4, in an opinion by Justice Breyer on June 29, 2022. Justice Kagan filed a concurring opinion. Justice Thomas filed a dissenting opinion, in which Justices Alito, Gorsuch, and Barrett joined.

It is interesting to note which justices sided for the veteran's rights and which ones would have limited them. SCOTUS website has some interesting reading on the subject if you are up for reading the case rulings, for and against.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks Ray I missed that. Texas is "special." It's a good move.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I believe there are a lot of really truly special people in Texas but then there are plenty that think and act like they are but are far from it.  I guess I should add a smiley face here but I can't bring myself to do it.  How about if I say I think Joe and Kay Peterson were true special Texans.  That's so good it might even call for an AMEN they really set a good example of how to be special.

On 7/11/2022 at 1:32 PM, bigjim said:

How about if I say I think Joe and Kay Peterson were true special Texans. 

That they were, in spite of being California transplants!  

I married a third generation, native Californian. 😁  As a Texas transplant myself, I believe that it is a state of enigmas. What Texas does well, they do very well, and what Texas does badly, they also do very well.  

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 7/11/2022 at 12:32 PM, bigjim said:

I believe there are a lot of really truly special people in Texas but then there are plenty that think and act like they are but are far from it.  I guess I should add a smiley face here but I can't bring myself to do it.  How about if I say I think Joe and Kay Peterson were true special Texans.  That's so good it might even call for an AMEN they really set a good example of how to be special.

I so agree Jim. I haven't seen SKP hugs nor the old camaraderie we had here in the forums online 22 years ago. Joe and Kay set that example. They didn't care about your personal beliefs or politics, being a fellow SKP was all we needed in common. Respect was what they gave out and earned our return. Lots of LMS folks since. I was a Texas resident for almost five years in the 70s and 90s. I am shocked at how it has changed since Governor Richards.

Joe, Kay, Cathy, and the SKPs I met back in the 90s and early 2000s were the salt of the earth and made me proud when Rainbow drive was my home address.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire