Escapees Club History

Kirk W

A private conversation with another member of the forums recently made me aware that not many of our participants have been part of this long enough to know much of the Escapee history, so I thought that I would share some information here that might be helpful to others. First is a link to the history pages currently available on the Escapee website. If you've not read it, I suggest that you will find it interesting.

Escapees RV Club History: Roots Run Deep

In addition, there are 3 of Kay Peterson's books that are still available today. 

Beating the Odds

Home is Where You Park It

Chasing Rainbows

I would recommend the reading in the order listed. I was fortunate to have gotten to know both Joe and Kay for a time, but often wish that I would have met them sooner. Kay was the true inspiration behind what lead to the founding of the Escapees, but Joe was the driving  force behind her. Joe was a man of action and Kay was the most caring person that it has ever been my good fortune to have known. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We had the privilege to be able to sit down to meals with Joe & Kay Peterson a couple times at Escapades.  Interesting and fun couple who did a big service to the RV world.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel