No hookupcamping story!!

bruce t

Yea, that's gonna be a whopper of a bill. That last link  said they left the family car in place, that adds to the bill.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, bruce t said:

Thanks for the update, Bruce! It's good to see it's finally getting sorted out. At least as soon as they actually get their rig back...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I'm trying to imagine being airlifted out of our full-time rig then needing to live for a month without any of our stuff. No spare clothes. No electronics. No anything. Ugh!

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

6 hours ago, sandsys said:

I'm trying to imagine being airlifted out of our full-time rig then needing to live for a month without any of our stuff. No spare clothes. No electronics. No anything. Ugh!

Pretty much like the month after yur house burns down.  No fun I can tell you.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

9 hours ago, bruce t said:

Insurance paid.

They must carry some type of special insurance. I know that what we have here as road service always has limits to how far off of a public road they will retrieve a vehicle and we don't have anything comparable to what they were transiting. I know of an incident back about 2004 in Idaho when a couple of RVer's got stuck in a national forest when they slid off of the forest service road and had to be retrieved. They were not nearly as far from help as that family but had to pay for retrieval because neither their road service nor the RV insurance were willing to pay the cost. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

6 hours ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

Pretty much like the month after yur house burns down.  No fun I can tell you.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually

Every now and then I think it would almost be good to lose everything at once; to get a clean start. Then I realize how long it would take to replace needed items and I feel sorry for people who actually have to do that.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Kirk there is insurance and there is insurance. Like all insurance every policy is different depending on what box you tick and how deep your pockets are.

Years ago we had a large #55000 bus conversion towing a 4x4 pickup. We split a radiator in the middle of nowhere. Nearest tow truck that could handle us was about 1500 k away. Nearest town about 160k away. Long story short the roadside service guys rigged the radiator and we drove the 160k to town. Took the radiator out and rebuilt it. All for $00.00. True. But it was a $2000.00 a year policy. 

Maybe the couple's travel lifestyle dictated a policy that included recovery. Not uncommon here in Australia.