Drom box

wlp

Going to attempt a Drom box from aluminum.   My objective is a simple design where I am able to  access my maintenance panels on the top of the bed as well the APU AC unit on back of my cab.  I am using 1.5 x 1.5  x 1/8 wall aluminum for  the frame with the drom dimensions sized with the appropriate clearances so I don't contact my trailer when at a 90 degree (jackknife position) or my truck's cab shift when going over uneven terrain.    

IMG_5966 2.jpg

I've been lucky enough to see some photos of the build of the rest of that bed.  I think it would be a good idea for Warren to post them so we can appreciate what he's done so far.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

started this project October 2 and want to finish it before the National Rally - minus the electrical lighting.  I can only work on it after my day job but it keeps me out of trouble. 

Edited by wlp
better content

Next it was cleaning up the aluminum for the panels.  I  drilled out the entry holes for the electrical wire runs and will finish the holes after I get the panels installed. I purchased 3M 5952 VHB DOUBLE-SIDED tape for sealing and the holding strength of the tape. 

prep for pannels.jpg

rolling 3m tape.jpg

1183076842_topofdromwithpannels.thumb.jpg.64eb2cf883a7c611a9499e3fe32ceeac.jpgjust a shot of the top (roof) before I peeled the tape and added the exterior panels.  Once you align your panels, I used my roller with some pressure making sure I had no gaps and full adhesion to both surfaces. 

Edited by wlp

On 10/9/2021 at 1:40 PM, rpsinc said:

I was considering going the same route that you are until I found this:

Will be doing something for front doors or a HD tarp.  Not sure yet, but for the price, I couldnt pass it up. 16 nice roller slide drawers and additional storage.

DROMsmall.jpg

Ohhhh I could image that full tools ready to go Rving!!!

Are you using the link near the top of our home HDT page titled as posting pics?  I use it, and I'm a total computer d/a.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

12 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Are you using the link near the top of our home HDT page titled as posting pics?  I use it, and I'm a total computer d/a.

11 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

You need to use the Other Media/insert link from URL button. Jay

Thanks Jay and Rick... for the advise.   On previous first 10 posts/ pics I was able to just drag and drop....some reason I now had to use the "link" method you described. 

I've tried the Other Media thing and never was successful.

But dang, that box looks good!  And it's big enough to double as a dog house.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN