At the Menards in Grand Forks ND

lappir

On 10/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, 2gypsies said:

... don't know ..... I've seen panel on the sides of small motorhomes as they can easily park in the direction of the sun at sunrise and sunset for a little more boost.

exactly, This 80w panel produces about 200w during the first 3 hours of light where the 700w arry on top barley nets 100w in the first 3 hours of light. 

We also see a big benefit while driving in winter months.

1 hour ago, YogaSlackerSam said:

This van is ours. 

Thank you for dropping by to answer questions! I did visit your site after reading the thread but didn't post after having done so. Are you still building the 1963 Grumman Olson, or did the Mitsubishi take it's place? Looking through your site leaves me wondering if you post more of your travels in your blog, or elsewhere? The other thing that I am wondering, if you don't mind saying, is your ages? 

I must say that I admire your having followed your dream, which has long been the theme of Escapees RV Club and of many of us who are involved While many of us have much in common, even so the group also has many unique individuals and you would be a great addition. If you have not done so, you should make contact with Chris & Cherie of Technomadia you really should. You share much in common, even though your paths have been very different.

Please do not be a stranger as we would love to hear more.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

6 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Thank you for dropping by to answer questions! I did visit your site after reading the thread but didn't post after having done so. Are you still building the 1963 Grumman Olson, or did the Mitsubishi take it's place? Looking through your site leaves me wondering if you post more of your travels in your blog, or elsewhere? The other thing that I am wondering, if you don't mind saying, is your ages? 

I must say that I admire your having followed your dream, which has long been the theme of Escapees RV Club and of many of us who are involved While many of us have much in common, even so the group also has many unique individuals and you would be a great addition. If you have not done so, you should make contact with Chris & Cherie of Technomadia you really should. You share much in common, even though your paths have been very different.

Please do not be a stranger as we would love to hear more.

Hey Kirk,

I was part of Technomadia subscription for a year, it was super helpful.  Unfortunately I was unable to connect with them directly.  I did try to offer som unsolicited feedback and I must have been misunderstood.  So I did not bother to renew my membership.  They do wonderful work and I’m sure we’re just too busy to hear my intentions through my keyboard strokes.

Raquel is 41 and I’m 40.  I moved out of my Apartment in May of 2003, by 2009 I was full time on the road. 

The 1963 is still very much a dream of mine.  We unfortunately still don’t have the physical resources to make it happen.  Namely a shop.  The project and our mechanically minded friend is based in the ID, Falls area.  

The Delica (SlackerVan) was supposed to be a transition vehicle but the last few years wiped out all our savings and income.  So it will be our base of operations until we can rebuild, and by then who knows what the vehicle landscape will look like.  Lots of exciting times ahead, but I am holding out for the opportunity to combine new and old tech into the ultimate mobile base camp.  

8 minutes ago, YogaSlackerSam said:

I did try to offer som unsolicited feedback and I must have been misunderstood.  

I understand that as I had a similar issue early on but once we met in person things worked and we became friends. I was thinking more of social contact as I suspect that might work. Chris & Cherie are really secretly introverts, but very nice, caring people. I'd guess that they are just a bit older than you, but much closer to your age than mine.  😏 I think that you might be good candidates for instructing at an Escapade, which was how we became acquainted with Chris & Cherie.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 minute ago, Kirk W said:

I understand that as I had a similar issue early on but once we met in person things worked and we became friends. I was thinking more of social contact as I suspect that might work. Chris & Cherie are really secretly introverts, but very nice, caring people. I'd guess that they are just a bit older than you, but much closer to your age than mine.  😏 I think that you might be good candidates for instructing at an Escapade, which was how we became acquainted with Chris & Cherie.

That event looks great!  we will be showing our film (https://freshcoastfilm.com/films/2021/road-to-wanderlust) and doing some classes at the overland expo in 2022.  it would be fun to add a few more events in 2022.  Feel free to connect with us on email.  YogaSlackers@gmail.com, we are always excited to share our knowledge  and experience with the community. 

16 hours ago, YogaSlackerSam said:

One more Article going over most of the upgrades to our van 

https://gearjunkie.com/camper-rv/1988-mitsubishi-delica-van-life-build

Thanks for sharing your info. Any issues with driving the Delica since at least one state decided they didn't fit into one of the "Import" categories? I hope not with all the work you have put into it. 

I don't have any commercial articles written, but here is a link to a video from when my home was new. 

https://youtu.be/NTgf6vVxXlA

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

1 hour ago, lappir said:

Thanks for sharing your info. Any issues with driving the Delica since at least one state decided they didn't fit into one of the "Import" categories? I hope not with all the work you have put into it. 

I don't have any commercial articles written, but here is a link to a video from when my home was new. 

Thanks for sharing your video.  We have had no issues and its easy to just register it in another state as we live full time and travel daily. 

Sam

4 hours ago, lappir said:

I enjoyed your tour. Thank you.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Toy Hauler on a dual tandem air ride chassis. Jeep Wrangler goes in the garage now. 

Built in 2013. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.