short time domicile change help

we are on the erpu list in summerdale #8 atm....in the process of selling the house before a market crash here.

we estimate 12-18 months till this comes about.

so...is there a way to have a temporary domicile address ?   trying to avoid all the switching around if i'm just 

gonna come back to alabama anyway.   we have no one here we can use as a mail address.

30' Artic Fox TT, 1998 3500 dodge diesel dually.

Traveling with 2 rat terriers and "the cat"

Joe

Set up an Escapees postal mail box and use one of their states as a domicile.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

5 hours ago, strawberry joe said:

we are on the erpu list in summerdale #8 atm....in the process of selling the house before a market crash here.

we estimate 12-18 months till this comes about.

so...is there a way to have a temporary domicile address ?   trying to avoid all the switching around if i'm just 

gonna come back to alabama anyway.   we have no one here we can use as a mail address.

Rent an apartment for the interim and use its address? You don't have to spend a lot of time at the apartment other than checking mail every now and then. That way you only have to file a change of address without doing anything about domicile.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Cheaper than renting an apartment.... Domicile in Texas, Florida or South Dakota for the next 1.5 years until the ERPU is available.  Then either change.... not a big deal - really .... or if you're going to be traveling anyway, keep your other domicile.  You can still easily have your mail delivered to Summerdale when you're there.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

8 hours ago, strawberry joe said:

so...is there a way to have a temporary domicile address ?   trying to avoid all the switching around if i'm just gonna come back to alabama anyway. 

Domicile is a lot more than just an address. If all that you want is an address for mail, you could get one from Escapees and only use it for mail, but you will need an address for your vehicle insurance and health insurance (unless you have Medicare) that is in AL. In most cases the insurance company will expect the address you give them to match the one on your vehicle registration, i think. Check with your insurance agent to be sure and level with him what the issue is as he may be able to help you find an answer. 

I think that you might be wise to learn more about establishing a domicile before you reach the time that you will need it. Escapees has a lot on the subject but the information is mostly pointed to one of the states in which they can provide the needed address. What you really need is a generic explanation that applies to anywhere. The best simple explanation that I have found which doesn't favor any one state and which applies to them all is Domiciles Explained in Less Than 5 Minutes

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI