VPN Question

DJW

I have been using a VPN to select a different site to log into a web page outside of a blacked out area.  Have being using for several months with no problem to be able to log onto that web page.  Now I am receiving a msg when I log into the web page that if I am using a VPN I can no longer log on.  So what has happened and is there anyway around this?  The DW was only using this to watch a certain baseball team play.  Is there a work around so she can once again log onto the web page.  We live in a area more than 300 miles from the Baseball teams  city.  The DW is very upset that she can no longer watch the games even though we live more than 300 miles away.  Help if you can?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Sounds like the host has modified their software to detect all VPN services, and deny access. Doubt there's a work around right now, but people are people, and one will be along soon.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

If your browser supports it, as Chrome and Firefox do, the Location Guard extension might work for you. The "Fixed Location" option can be used to place your perceived location pretty much anywhere in the world you want it to be. Whether it will work with the website in question of course, is an unknown.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/location-guard/cfohepagpmnodfdmjliccbbigdkfcgia?hl=en

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/location-guard/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Dutch

Yes they do have a fake GPS App in the apple store.  The highest rated app was only 2 stars?  Does this allow you to select the same GPS location as the city you have selected via your VPN?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

If your VPN has a split tunneling switch turn it on and see if that works. I use it on Nord but Sling TV won't let me saying there is no Internet. However in that case with no blackout I just turn Nord VPN off until I have seen the news or show

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Oh well, post back when you figure it out.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 3 months later...

They've figured out that you're using a VPN, that's all. Connections made on wifi can be checked to see if a VPN is being used, as long as whoever is checking the connections has suitable access to the Wi-Fi access point or the router. Looking at the traffic & seeing encrypted connections going to the same IP address will indicate the possible use of a VPN. Therefore, If you're using a VPN, it's important to go with the one you trust. By the way, at bestvpnprovider.co, you can find more information on how to find a ufc stream and watch it securely.

Edited by somnusolle19

On 8/30/2021 at 9:31 AM, DJW said:

Dutch

Yes they do have a fake GPS App in the apple store.  The highest rated app was only 2 stars?  Does this allow you to select the same GPS location as the city you have selected via your VPN?

Dennis

I must have missed your post, my apologies. The fake GPS Android app I use lets me set my location anywhere I want it just by selecting it on a map.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system