California to Disney World Florida November 2021 part 2

Turlockbill

You can buy an EzPass (about $25) beforehand and have the tolls deducted from an account you set up in advance.  The toll fees will be discounted. Go online online for more info. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

14 hours ago, Turlockbill said:

Do you think we could  take a chance on I-40 in Mid November

I agree with agesilaus. I have traveled I-40 in winter many times and was only delayed by weather one or two of them, but you do need to be weather aware and allow for delays, especially when traveling by RV. I always used the longer range forecasts to plan before starting any route. Weather forecasting has become pretty accurate in recent years.

13 hours ago, Turlockbill said:

or is it worth the trouble?

That is the key to your answer and probably only you can make that choice. If you will be spending all winter there it may be well worth it and if you plan to stay east into the summer, then probably so but if you will soon return west, not so much. Remember that those toll passes all require you to keep a balance in their accounts all of the time, or at least those that I have used do so.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 hours ago, agesilaus said:

Just about everyone on this list is of an age to almost certainly be vaccinated. And thus immune. Almost everyone who is getting it now is unvaccinated. They made their choice and now they pay the piper.

No, vaccinations doesn’t mean you can’t catch the virus, just that you will probably have only mild symptoms, BUT you can pass it on to others, like children who can’t get vaccinated yet!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

November on I-40 can be clear and dry, or you could get snowed in for a week if a big storm comes through.  After Nov. 1st I wouldn’t chance it, but then the distances will be about the same either way.  We’ve encountered snow on I-40 in MAY between Abilene and Santa Rosa! 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 2:32 PM, Turlockbill said:

Hello,

We have reservations at Kissimmee KOA and then down to Homestead.  Do you think we could  take a chance on I-40 in Mid November or plan on I-10??? We will be coming home on I-10 for sure because of planned stops.

Thanks 

TurlockBill

Hey Turlock Bill, I'm Antioch James. Thanks for asking the question as we are doing a similar trip in March/April 2022 but stopping in New Orleans and then Georgia. About 3 hours from Disneyworld. I know it's a few months after you but am looking forward to hear about your trip when you done.

James

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

1 hour ago, Turlockbill said:

Antioch James,  we are stopping in New Orleans on the way back! We have actually planned both I40 and I10 with our 1st layover in Birmingham AL weather permitting!

We are visiting friends in Kings Bay Georgia. The Fam Camp was wiped out in a tornado so I hope the area is doable when the time comes to go there.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired