Full Time Class A Insurance in FL

I am FL resident and currently have my FW insured with Progressive. I have been considering selling the FW and getting an older Class A  pusher. I had heard that insurance is more, so I thought I'd get a quote on a theoretical rig. For a 2007 tiffin at $70k, the quote was over twice what I pay for the truck and FW. What do you pay for a class A, Full time?

Thanks - Rick 

• 2 months later...

Insurance rates are all over the place - generally speaking, the best rates is with your home owners insurance carrier. What others pay is really in material each person with their policy and driving record is going to be different. I heard many insurance companies will no longer insure RV's over 36 feet. You know how it goes they just want you to pay them they never want to pay out. Also check with companies like Good Sam and others.

Good luck on you venture!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 8:15 PM, LowOnCash said:

Insurance rates are all over the place - generally speaking, the best rates is with your home owners insurance carrier.

The thread title has "fulltime" in it, so presumably the OP doesn't have a homeowners insurance carrier.

I have fulltimer coverage through Progressive (in Texas), and the last time I got quotes, it was cheaper going through a broker than going to Progressive directly.  So you might try a broker who specializes in fulltimer insurance, who also has the advantage of being able to give you quotes from more than just one insurance company.  I've never tried it using a theoretical vehicle, though.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:15 PM, LowOnCash said:

I heard many insurance companies will no longer insure RV's over 36 feet.

Where did you hear that?  There are only a few companies that offer fulltimer coverage at all, and if they're among the "many" who will no longer insure RVs over 36 feet, fulltimers are going to be in a world of hurt.