What's this new thing at the bottom right ???

lappir

Noticed a new Icon to the bottom right of my computer (PC). Sort of a square box. I hovered over it and it said "not connected feed unavailable". ( I had not yet connected to my WIFI source.) Now it's showing a temperature and an incorrect weather reading. It's clearly overcast and raining but I see 65F and partly Sunny. 

Clicked on it, tried to remove it, tried to turn it off and the only thing it allowed me to do was make a comment. I DON'T LIKE IT. Is what I wrote. Doubt the reader will care. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

It's from the latest Microsoft update. It uses data, even when your machine is set to "Metered Data".

Turn on or off weather info on Windows 10 taskbar. Step 1: Perform a right-click on an empty spot on the taskbar, select News and interests and then click the Turn off option to remove the weather information as well as the News and interests. Stop News & widgets flyout from opening upon hovering on taskbar weather information

Above from Into Windows

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

5 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

It's from the latest Microsoft update. It uses data, even when your machine is set to "Metered Data".

Turn on or off weather info on Windows 10 taskbar. Step 1: Perform a right-click on an empty spot on the taskbar, select News and interests and then click the Turn off option to remove the weather information as well as the News and interests. Stop News & widgets flyout from opening upon hovering on taskbar weather information

Above from Into Windows

Yes, those are steps to rid yourself of that.

You should have heard me cursing at Microsoft and what I thought of them adding things to the desktop without permission. Or, maybe you shouldn't have. 😁

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

12 hours ago, LindaH said:

I don't know how to get rid of it, but you CAN change the city it shows.  Open it up and then in the blue box in the upper right-hand corner, click on the three dots and Edit Location.  

I found out how to do this, too, but don't remember how I did it.

I changed it to the zip code I am currently located in. Right now it says 90 degrees but my outside reading thermometer reads 104 degrees.  This zip code has many different elevations so it can vary greatly in just a mile or two.  The 104 is reading in directs sun at this time.

Edited by bigjim
More info added 19:15 hours mstdtime

Thank you. Just turned mine off. I put off allowing the updates as long as possible, but it seems they somehow sneak in. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Is annoying a strong enough word for this unwanted pop-up? It took me a few days to find the opt-out  menu.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961