First Big Trip Advice Please

Vegas Teacher

4 hours ago, Jim & Alice said:

Yes, Similarities!   One of he joys of Fulltiming for us have been encountering folks from 'home'.   A few years ago, I actually ran into a guy that I had worked with closely for years, but due to dispersed campus (Butterworth) rarely encountered.   He was at a gas pump in South Dakota, I arrived and saw the license plate... and after exchanging names we 'clicked'. 

It's a small world we live in . Even smaller when we use the internet . :D

Goes around , comes around .

5 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

I know where Rockford is!!!

It's more of a high dollar town than Morley . ;)

If you need something to do on Saturday morning , there's a neat little flea market up by the old school , next to the $ General  . 

One thing you can count on...   Road conditions change.   If someone says a road is good or bad, but hasn't travel it recently, it may not be as presented.  Back in the early-mid 1980's, I-70 in eastern Colorado was as bad as they get.  Last time I drove it, it was fine.  A couple months ago, the stretch of I-30 coming into Little Rock where it meets I-40 was horrible.  Next year, who knows.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

One thing you can count on...   Road conditions change.   If someone says a road is good or bad, but hasn't travel it recently, it may not be as presented.  Back in the early-mid 1980's, I-70 in eastern Colorado was as bad as they get.  Last time I drove it, it was fine.  A couple months ago, the stretch of I-30 coming into Little Rock where it meets I-40 was horrible.  Next year, who knows.

What ??? You don't have a crew of road repair gremlins about a mile ahead of you making sure every inch is smooth ? ;)

There are a few places that seem to always be rough.  Different potholes, just moved a few feet.  I-65 at Shepardville, just south of Louisville, the mentioned area near Little Rock airport, and a stretch I drive often, I,275 in Kentucky west to the Ohio River.  It's been under construction forever, and it's rougher than a stucco bathtub.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net