Blocking no see em bugs from vent.

https://www.pestcontrolgurus.com/no-see-ums/

You might put a few drops of that Picaridn on cotten balls and attach them to the screen.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

8 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

You might put a few drops of that Picaridn on cotten balls and attach them to the screen.

We have used DEET products on cotton balls and do not forget to do your screen-door. Picaridin is new to me but we will give it a try.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We had those little critters bugging us a few years ago when we'd visit the neighbors site . 

The next year we had the neighbors site and I treated the site with Sevens as soon as we arrived in the spring .

No more little buggers , just an occasional fly through . 

This year we have the same site and I did the same thing . It's still early , but , I'm not seeing the bugs or the site being turned up by moles . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

OP:  Do you have other windows open or your door?  Whatever you do you'll need to treat your other screens. They aren't just coming through your roof vent.  They were so bad in Florida once that we had to leave.

I'm wondering if you know what a sewer fly looks like.  If the vent is by your bathroom perhaps that's what you're seeing rather than 'seeing no see-ums'. 😁

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

DEET works well to repel most insects, and I still occasionally use 3M's 34% cream version (that lasts up to 12 hours).  But I prefer picaridin, which seems to work just as well. I personally find it much less obnoxious.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2018/06/30/623865454/a-guide-to-mosquito-repellents-from-deet-to-gin-and-tonic

-----------------

But for trying to keep insects out, IMO, Permethrin is a better solution.  If you've ever noticed insect-repellent clothing, its almost certainly has been treated with permithrin.  I also use it as an insecticide to kill ants, spiders and various other insects that attack the plants in my yard (e.g. tent worms in the spring).  I buy an 8 oz bottle of 10% permithrin from Amazon and dilute it for the intended application.  For your screens, I'd use a spray bottle with the 10% permithrin diluted with water 20 to 1 (i.e. 0.5% permithrin).

https://sectionhiker.com/permethrin-soak-method-guide/
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Permethrin+10%&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

5 hours ago, Danandfreda said:

Screens can be changed to a screen called 20x20 and the no see Ins can’t get through.

I scanned quite a few Amazon reviews and it appears the 20x20 screens reduce the number of no-see-ums, but do not totally prevent them. 

Still, if I were plagued by them, I might overlay an existing screen,  that was a source of intrusion,  and see if the reduction was good enough. 

Perfect is the enemy of the good 🙂

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

On 5/24/2021 at 4:08 PM, 2gypsies said:

OP:  Do you have other windows open or your door?  Whatever you do you'll need to treat your other screens. They aren't just coming through your roof vent.  They were so bad in Florida once that we had to leave.

I'm wondering if you know what a sewer fly looks like.  If the vent is by your bathroom perhaps that's what you're seeing rather than 'seeing no see-ums'. 😁

"seeing no see-ums"😕

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 1:08 PM, 2gypsies said:

I got everything closed. Toilet is cassette toilet and closed unless in use. I bought some noseeum screening on Amazon. Taped it over vents inside cabin. Seemed to work OK. But only tested one night. I will give it a big test in July for more time.

No see-ums are very tiny and seem to fly constantly.  You can rarely even swat them since they're so fast.  They're also call gnats, sand flies, biting midges and love water areas... beaches, etc.

https://mosquitonix.com/blogs/news/how-to-treat-no-see-um-bites

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel