Maiden voyage well kind of...

Vegas Teacher

Well I now have my 780 at home, or home being my father in laws house and he is a little pissy about it, but..... OH WELL, anyway I got it back Friday December 18, new tires and it had been getting worked on monthly since May of 2020. So lots of things done and I kept all of you readers up to date along the way. Well I took it out into Dolley trolley 's territory to the kingdom of Pahrump. It is just shy of 100 miles from Vegas, so it was a nice drive. Me, the "D.W." and the dog went for its maidenesque voyage at 9:00 a.m. went to get 200.00 in diesel at $2.45 per gallon then back home. I was so happy with everything. Truck sits level, brand new Dayton tires, truck rode smooth ran quiet and I even got the wife bend the wheel, I had a hard time getting her to give me back the reins but after a little begging she did. Made it back to Vegas about 12:30. All went well!

I hope everybody had a great holiday season! Happy New Year to everybody. 

Later Cory Ossana 

Congratulations! You've been working hard at getting this all done and your "pay day" has finally arrived. Sounds like even the missus is happy (a mean feat in its' own right). Wishing you a vey Happy New Year, many miles of safe and enjoyable driving. Now if the powers that be can wrangle Covid-19 into submission so we can all get back on the road and have some FUN.

11 minutes ago, jkoenig24 said:

Congratulations! You've been working hard at getting this all done and your "pay day" has finally arrived. Sounds like even the missus is happy (a mean feat in its' own right). Wishing you a vey Happy New Year, many miles of safe and enjoyable driving. Now if the powers that be can wrangle Covid-19 into submission so we can all get back on the road and have some FUN.

I can't wait to make it to a West Coast Rally some day. Many that go there have come through Vegas and said hello to me. I think many of the people who I talk to on  this are really great people and have a lot of knowledge, getting to meet them would be really nice. That goes to Covid, as a teacher I see how it devastates families here in Vegas. I can't wait to get the vaccination! 

Yes the "D.W." loves it too. I still remember pulling into my Farther-in-laws R.V. spot. After being gone for 4 days down to Florida and back her first words were NOT hey "Glad to see you, how was your trip, nice truck." Instead her very first sentence to me was "That is one big F%*k!@G truck!!!!!" and her eyes were as  big as saucers. I thought OH $h!t, I just spent $20,000.00 on this truck and she hates it. Well that was March of 2017, time goes by and now I will have to fight her for the keys to drive it.

I need the ladder to get up to the top bunk. With the major mechanical issues all addressed I get to do the fun stuff. One of the big things I want to do is quiet the ride. I saw on a truckers forum they use Hush Matt. Back in my college years I installed car stereos and used Dynmat, looks to be a very similar product. I am trying to figure out what I can put on the engine side of the firewall to help reduce the sound from even coming into the cab to begin with. Then the interior sound proofing, and road noise reduction. I am going to go with a sound dampening spray on paint first, then coat it with Hush Matt. After that the Cab needs a once over, I do not have the drivers side rear cabinet. I also want train horns and to Chrome, paint and wrap the outside with decoration, but first it has to go to Kansas to spend some time with Jack Meyers for a bed installation.

Later,

Cory Ossana, Vegas Teacher

Glad you had a great trip and turned the DW over to the dark side! 

After 8 years of having our HDT and having our smart car for 2 years, we are getting ready to do the first trip with it up on the truck bed pulling our new trailer with our custom van in the trailer. Smart is loaded and I will be hooking up the trailer today and loading the van Saturday when to rain has stopped. I will try to get some pictures. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

3 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

Glad you had a great trip and turned the DW over to the dark side! 

After 8 years of having our HDT and having our smart car for 2 years, we are getting ready to do the first trip with it up on the truck bed pulling our new trailer with our custom van in the trailer. Smart is loaded and I will be hooking up the trailer today and loading the van Saturday when to rain has stopped. I will try to get some pictures. 

That is awesome! I know I will make a trip, a real trip soon, but it just seems there are so many little things I have to do first. I wish I didn't have to work to earn money. LOL!!!!