New $50 for 100GB T-Mobile mobile hotspot plan

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/t-mobile-launches-new-data-only-plans-inseego-5g-mifi-m2000-mobile-hotspot/ for details.

Since T-Mobile has expanded its coverage, including the merger with Sprint, it might be a good choice for RVers.  This plan also includes 5GB in Canada and Mexico, while most all mobile hotspot (Mifi/Jetpack) plans from the other carriers are USA only..  The mobile hotspot price of $336 might put some off, but you need that device to get all of the T-Mobile bands and thus coverage.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Thanks for sharing our article. 

For clarity... you do NOT have to use the new M2000 mobile hotspot device to get this plan. You only need that if you want  access to T-Mobile's 5G coverage. And it is available for 50% off if you sign up to pay $7/mo extra for 2 years. 

If you're good with LTE coverage, there are plenty of other compatible devices, even some with B71 support. 

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

3 hours ago, Bill Joyce said:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/t-mobile-launches-new-data-only-plans-inseego-5g-mifi-m2000-mobile-hotspot/ for details.

Since T-Mobile has expanded its coverage, including the merger with Sprint, it might be a good choice for RVers.  This plan also includes 5GB in Canada and Mexico, while most all mobile hotspot (Mifi/Jetpack) plans from the other carriers are USA only..  The mobile hotspot price of $336 might put some off, but you need that device to get all of the T-Mobile bands and thus coverage.

Having to have a voice line is another consideration.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

So a month ago we switched from wired internet (CenturyLink) to T-mobile's cellular home internet offering just released for our area priced at $50/mo for unlimited data. My wife is working from home so reliable, fast connection is essential for her almost constant Microsoft Team collaborations, heavy video conferencing, etc and we've been delighted with T-mobile's service. As of yesterday we added T-mobile's 5g Inseego M2000 hotspot with 100gb plan to lock in service for our travels.  Not on the road now but I will attest to amazing speeds as we're getting over 100mb down and 50-70mb up inside our home, about 25% increase in performance over their 4g LTE cellular  home internet router.  For $100/mo we've got home and mobile service that should serve us well. 

20 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Having to have a voice line is another consideration.

No voice line is needed - it's a stand alone plan. 

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

1 hour ago, Technomadia said:

No voice line is needed - it's a stand alone plan. 

But you included this statement which sounds like the deal is more expensive without a voice line.  

The fine print for the 100GB plan says there will be an additional charge of:

"Up to $40 more per line/mo. without qualifying voice line."

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Can someone post a link to this new plan? I'm on their site and I do not see any data only plans? Even their online support people can not tell me how to view the data only plans on their own page.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

32 minutes ago, Big5er said:

Can someone post a link to this new plan? I'm on their site and I do not see any data only plans? Even their online support people can not tell me how to view the data only plans on their own page.

Phil, I’m told you can find it on their prepaid site but not post paid.  I used their chat and sent this note, “I’m interested in the 50% off Inseego MiFi M2000 along with the $50/mo 100GB data plan.” Took a couple minutes to connect with a CSR.  After brief chat to make sure he understood what I was looking for, had him call me and it took about half an hour to sign up.  Pretty easy.  

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

As of Tuesday the plan was not available on their website for online signup.    They list a toll free number to order. It was very simple to get the plan, and the Inseego 5gdevice was shipped overnight. A marginal 5g signal is getting me 40-50Mbs with device as WiFi as WAN for router. So far a good addition to the tool bag especially where 5g is available 

T-Mobile does include the language about additional charges without a voice line in their documents, but so far the additional charge is zero.  

Those getting the 50% off deal, watch that they don't charge you insurance every month.  I once had a cheaper phone on a T-Mobile installment plan and they required a monthly insurance payment that was almost as much as the payment. 

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

20 hours ago, Jim & Wilma said:

Phil, I’m told you can find it on their prepaid site but not post paid.  I used their chat and sent this note, “I’m interested in the 50% off Inseego MiFi M2000 along with the $50/mo 100GB data plan.” Took a couple minutes to connect with a CSR.  After brief chat to make sure he understood what I was looking for, had him call me and it took about half an hour to sign up.  Pretty easy.  

Thanks Jim

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

We went in today and bought the system, the person we dealt with when we first started talking said no way, no system like that exists.  We said we saw it on a rv forum and they said it just came out, he went and searched on his tablet and then went and talked with another person and said something new i guess, yep we can sign you up. Seems to be working very well and it is $50 plus taxes and you have to have direct billing. We are not T-Mobile phone users, didn't seem to make any difference. 

Stacey Frank
SKP #67438
2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 34QFA

2015 Cadillac SRX
2019 Tesla Model X

1991 Avanti Convertible

On 12/18/2020 at 10:42 AM, Barbaraok said:

But you included this statement which sounds like the deal is more expensive without a voice line.  

The fine print for the 100GB plan says there will be an additional charge of:

"Up to $40 more per line/mo. without qualifying voice line."

That's the fine print.. but as we updated in the article and latest video:

"Updated: We have multiple reports of the $40 surcharge not being charged. "

And indeed, the plan STILL hasn't shown up on their postpaid site, but it is on their prepaid. And plenty of people have gotten the plan by calling in or going to a store. 

It is a limited time offer (no disclosed end date), so if you want the plan be sure to snag it. 

- Cherie

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:

• 1 month later...

I went into my local store in early February and got the 100 GB plan for $50/mo no problem. We do not have a phone plan with T Mobile but still no surcharge. They had to order the M2000 hotspot as the store did not have them, but we got it delivered within 2 days. 

I am using the hotspot now in a rural area in western Maryland and am getting a good 4G signal, all except for last night when it dropped out for a few hours. Other than that no problem.

This I intend to be our primary internet when we go full time starting sometime in March. We also have hotspots on our phone with Consumer Cellular as a secondary. We will see how it goes.

Mike

1 hour ago, LindaH said:

Can someone post the URL to the T-Mobile site where this is offered?  I can't find it on T-Mobile's prepaid site.

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet

46 minutes ago, LindaH said:

Thanks Bill.  This is where I was looking, but I don't see the M2000 which is being discussed here.

I hope you have better luck than I have had today.  4 hours, and though they got the CC payment sent right through, no email, will not let me log in, turns out the confirmation number I got is worthless, chat system cut me off, bounced around and then cut off after calling their 800 number and even their Twitter help center finally told me to call the general number and start order.   So tomorrow I'll be calling the bank to cancel the order!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

20 hours ago, Chalkie said:

I went to the TMobile site and see it here https://www.t-mobile.com/tablets. Then scroll down.

I did finally find it. 

First, I went to the pre-paid website because that's where everyone was saying they found it.  I did find the PLAN, but not the M2000 MiFi device.  I spent some time on the phone and found out that the device was on their post-paid website.

Went to the post-paid site and found the DEVICE, but not the plan.  I talked with someone on the phone and she was able to set me up with both the plan and the device.  It's being shipped, but from Indiana, so no telling when it will actually get here considering the weather, even though it's *supposed* to be 2-day shipping.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

40 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Glad you found it. In T-Mobile fashion the phone associated with the M2000 will be in the area code of whatever you used for the delivery address.

That will mean Winterhaven, CA for us.  It doesn't really make any difference for this device.  Now, if it were a phone, that would be a different matter.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul