New $50 for 100GB T-Mobile mobile hotspot plan

2 hours ago, LarryN said:

Does the M2000 have external antenna ports? Could it be used with a signal booster? Thanks

No, it does not have antenna ports. It can be used with a booster, but a booster only covers some of T-Mobile's frequency bands and is not alway optimal for data performance. 

More on boosters: http://www.rvmobileinternet.com/boosters

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

3 hours ago, Technomadia said:

No, it does not have antenna ports. It can be used with a booster, but a booster only covers some of T-Mobile's frequency bands and is not alway optimal for data performance. 

More on boosters: http://www.rvmobileinternet.com/boosters

We have a T-Mobile signal booster that works fairly well for 4G LTE but will not work for 5G. I have no idea if they offer an updated one for 5G or not. I do know when the M2000 does not receive a strong enough 5G signal it will revert to 4G LTE.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

4 hours ago, Technomadia said:

. . .  and is not alway optimal for data performance. 

Are there conditions where a signal booster like weBoost 4G-X with an M2000 could result in less throughput than the M2000 alone with all else remaining the same?  And mea culpa in advance if you say yes and point me toward your review. 

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Absolutely... the guide I linked to above goes over why boosters can result in lower data speeds in many situations. Especially with a 4x4 MIMO device like the M2000. View the 'MIMO vs Boosters' video within. 

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Well, I finally have the hotspot, it is working great and while speed goes down in the afternoon and early evening, everything is fine.  HOWEVER, I can not get online account that I can see set up because I do not have a T-mobile cell phone!   So if I want to change the credit card the monthly fee is charged to, I have to call in, etc.  Over almost 2 hours being bounced from pillar to post today, and the people couldn't understand how I could have the hotspot but not a T-mobile phone!   The reason I can't log in from my laptop is that they need a T-Mobile number to send a text to with the PIN number to enter to verify the account.  AGGGGH!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

2 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Well, I finally have the hotspot, it is working great and while speed goes down in the afternoon and early evening, everything is fine.  HOWEVER, I can not get online account that I can see set up because I do not have a T-mobile cell phone!   So if I want to change the credit card the monthly fee is charged to, I have to call in, etc.  Over almost 2 hours being bounced from pillar to post today, and the people couldn't understand how I could have the hotspot but not a T-mobile phone!   The reason I can't log in from my laptop is that they need a T-Mobile number to send a text to with the PIN number to enter to verify the account.  AGGGGH!

You do have a T-Mobile number, the device is assigned one. Does it require text message or just a confirmation? I only ask because as a T-Mobile customer I am (depending on what I am doing) offered verification by text or email. If that is not an option would call T-Mobile tech support as I am sure they can help get it all set up for you. Oh, and the online account is also good to track your usage.

18 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

You do have a T-Mobile number, the device is assigned one. Does it require text message or just a confirmation? I only ask because as a T-Mobile customer I am (depending on what I am doing) offered verification by text or email. If that is not an option would call T-Mobile tech support as I am sure they can help get it all set up for you. Oh, and the online account is also good to track your usage.

I have spent over 4 hours over the past few days trying to get it fixed.  The problem is establishing the setup to be able to look at the account from my computer.   I have the hotspot, it is working, just can't look at the account from my notebook computer because I can't log into the account because they can't sent a text to the hotspot phone number.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

I have spent over 4 hours over the past few days trying to get it fixed.  The problem is establishing the setup to be able to look at the account from my computer.   I have the hotspot, it is working, just can't look at the account from my notebook computer because I can't log into the account because they can't sent a text to the hotspot phone number.  

Barb, I did some messing around with my hotspot and you CAN receive messages on it IF you know the number. I was able to send some test text messages to mine. If you go to the main screen hit Menu. Then scroll down and you will see Messages and it is there you will see them.

I had absolutely no difficulty setting up my online account using only the phone number assigned to my SIM and M2000 hotspot.  That account now covers both of my two 100GB accounts.  I did the whole thing online without the help of Customer Service.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

5 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Barb, I did some messing around with my hotspot and you CAN receive messages on it IF you know the number. I was able to send some test text messages to mine. If you go to the main screen hit Menu. Then scroll down and you will see Messages and it is there you will see them.

I just figured out that using the mobile.hotspot website that I can see some text messages that have been sent by T-Mobile (welcome, etc.)  to my hotspot, so tomorrow I'll try again with T-mobile to see if I can set it up the website login.  Can't read messages on my device, but maybe since I have gotten some information from them on it they can help me set it up.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

10 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Can't read messages on my device, but maybe since I have gotten some information from them on it they can help me set it up.  

If the messages on the device are too small for you to read you can log into the device itself via the device Admin screen at my.mifi/ and read them on your computer screen. Note: You must be connected to the internet via the device for that to work. If you have not downloaded the Owners Manual yet you can find it here M2000 Manual and it tells about the Admin Website starting at page 28.

Edited by Chalkie

• 1 month later...

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)