propane furance out again

GlennWest

1 hour ago, Pat & Pete said:

I think it would work , as long as it was sealed proper . 

Your insurance agent would disagree. That bowl is in no way gas rated. Dead leg does the same thing, and is gas rated.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

It takes a long time for Black Iron pipe to rust enough on the inside to cause issues. If it took 17 years on the Teton, plus whatever it laid around after it came out of the mill, I'd just go back with the black iron pipe.  Clean it good inside, like with a brake cleaner before assembly.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

7 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

The only thing I can have is aspirin . One 81mg per day . And multiple self adjustments daily .

The sediment bowl has a filtering screen incorporated and is easy clean . Also lets you see what's being filtered  . ;)

It's a good thing you are joking. LP fittings must be rated for such, a gasoline sediment bowl (cast pot metal) would not be a good choice IMO, they are not designed to be pressurized..

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

11 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

It's a good thing you are joking. LP fittings must be rated for such, a gasoline sediment bowl (cast pot metal) would not be a good choice IMO, they are not designed to be pressurized..

It seems to me that all the metals used to make such a fitment are impervious to gasoline , let alone propane .

And , at about 10 pounds pressure , it should easily stand up .

The only change I might consider is the gasket for the bowl . I think a silicone gasket might be a bit better .

Goes around , comes around .

32 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

I'm going to ask you to prove that^ . In all my browsing , I have never seen or heard of such . 

I don't have to prove anything. Fittings that are rated for gas (not gasoline) will be clearly marked. Often the abbreviation "WOG" is used, for water, oil, and gas. Your pressure estimate is also way high. Sediment bowls only see the pressure of the fuel above them. Our old Case DC 4 tank was 12" deep, so approximately 11" WC. Sound familiar? The propane piping system should be around the same pressure, but a much smaller molecule. You go ahead with your sediment bowl, I'll be standing back a bit.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

2 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

I don't have to prove anything. Fittings that are rated for gas (not gasoline) will be clearly marked. Often the abbreviation "WOG" is used, for water, oil, and gas. Your pressure estimate is also way high. Sediment bowls only see the pressure of the fuel above them. Our old Case DC 4 tank was 12" deep, so approximately 11" WC. Sound familiar? The propane piping system should be around the same pressure, but a much smaller molecule. You go ahead with your sediment bowl, I'll be standing back a bit.

So right . You don't have to prove anything . The result is called opinion . 

I don't ever recall seeing WOG on any black pipe or so very many other fittings associated with propane . In fact , the only place I've seen 'WOG' was on a ball valve . And , I had to look closely for that .

So , you're saying that these propane systems will have even less pressure than I speculated . Making it even less likely to be detrimental . 

Anyway , no offense meant by any of this . Just thinking of options . :)

Goes around , comes around .

We have had copper tubing on all of our trailers including one that was a 2005 and we sold it in 2018 with over 100k miles on it. Never had an issue with the tubing getting damaged. If it is a concern try running the tubing in a piece of oversize PVC tubing to help protect it in areas that are exposed under the trailer. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.