Has Anyone Been to the Rock Springs Fair Grounds?

Has anybody actually been to the Rock Springs fairgrounds to see what the full hookup parking is like, as well as the boondocking sites?

I was at a small Gathering yesterday and one of the people there said they had been to rock Springs to see what it was like. They were giving a parking space that had a coral like enclosure around it. She was in a class B and said she had a problem parking in the slot they gave her. Furthermore she couldn’t reach the hook up posts (electric-water-dump), and was actually told she would need extra long electrical dump hoses.   

We began wondering what the campground was really like. We could imagine hundreds of RVs showing up and no one could park, or use the hook ups. So my above question?  Are there any pictures of the parking? 

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

Here is the link to reviews for the fairgrounds in Campground Reviews. It gets generally good reviews and I noticed only one review that mentioned that the sewer hookup was a little far away. It does have pictures too. And, I do not imagine that Escapees would choose a park that would have the issues you are describing for an Escapade, can you really?

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

4 hours ago, gypsydan said:

Has anybody actually been to the Rock Springs fairgrounds to see what the full hookup parking is like, as well as the boondocking sites?

Yes, several members of the staff have been to the facility. They have 3 different campgrounds with a total of about 900 full hookup campsites. I'm not sure where the dry camping area will be. 

images.ashx?t=ig&rid=SweetwaterEvents&i=      

images.ashx?t=ig&rid=SweetwaterEvents&i=     images.ashx?t=ig&rid=SweetwaterEvents&i=

Here are maps of each campground that they have.

Boar's Tusk Campground              Pilot Butte Campground                   White Mountain Capground

EDIT: I will add that no venue is ever contracted without the Escapade directors making a visit to the site and actually spending some time there in their RV. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

gypsydan,

We stayed at the Rock Springs CG for two nights, off season, about two years ago. We did park in the "corral like" parking area that was mentioned. It was an odd setup but we managed with a bit of a struggle. I would bring longer water hoses, electrical extensions and dump hoses in the event you were assigned a spot in that section. You will need them. As Kirk mentioned and as you see from the photos, the fairgrounds are HUGE  with multiple loops/campgrounds. I cannot comment on the boondocking area.

Connie

2016 Leisure Travel Van Serenity S24CB

It's been many years since we attended an Escapade but I remember there being levels of sites. All handicapped sites plus some others had full hookups. Many were electric only and some of those had cables with multi-plugs strung along the ground between rows to power the rigs. Boondocking, of course, had none. If you need full hookups, register ASAP because those go quickly if the supply is limited.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

8 hours ago, sandsys said:

If you need full hookups, register ASAP because those go quickly if the supply is limited.

Registration has not yet opened. It will open once more is known about how the covid control is going. (I have been security for the past 5 Escapades) It will be announced when registration opens.  As I stated before, there are almost 900 sites with full hookups. At any rally it is a good idea to have extra hoses and such as many fairgrounds do not have the greatest access to utilities. 

14 hours ago, crstrm said:

gypsydan,

We stayed at the Rock Springs CG for two nights, off season, about two years ago. We did park in the "corral like" parking area that was mentioned. It was an odd setup but we managed with a bit of a struggle. I would bring longer water hoses, electrical extensions and dump hoses in the event you were assigned a spot in that section. You will need them. As Kirk mentioned and as you see from the photos, the fairgrounds are HUGE  with multiple loops/campgrounds. I cannot comment on the boondocking area.

Connie

We've stayed there and Connie said exactly what I would have said... so I'll just quote her. The "corral" setup is rather odd - I had to use extensions on all of the utilities (the hookups are on the other side of the fencing between the rows). Also can't speak to the boondocking area.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

This rather lengthy discussion of RV site design has made me wonder if people realize how few locations exist that have RV connections in any form or configuration that will accommodate the number of RVs that a gathering the size of Escapade needs? In Sedalia there are plenty of full hookup sites but many require extra hoses. In Vermont a lot of the sites had temporary water & electric connections as do some of those in Tucson. When you want a location that can accomodate 600 - 900 RVs or more, and that have the facilities for the activities rallies like Escapade have, there just are so few of them that it isn't possible to find any that have the sort of RV connections found in an RV park in the numbers needed. 

Edited by Kirk W

7 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Registration has not yet opened

ASAP means as soon as possible. Before registration opens is not possible. So the best that can be done at this time is to keep watch for registration to open then follow up quickly.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

21 minutes ago, packnrat said:

wish i could go. but need a new truck. (catastrophic motor problem).

anybody want to buy a 2006 F250, quad cab sb. cheap? just needs a motor. even has good tires.

You could keep the tires if you have to junk the truck.

i have thought about maxing out my little dodge 1500. 

i have pulled my rv with another dodge1500. but it had a smaller motor.  just made the grade up blue canyon. ( east bound donner pass).

would co$t to set it up to tow.

tires ( can not use the ones off the ford).

air bags.

sway bars.

much better shocks.

10 hours ago, packnrat said:

wish i could go. but need a new truck. (catastrophic motor problem).

anybody want to buy a 2006 F250, quad cab sb. cheap? just needs a motor. even has good tires.

I may be interested in the truck.  I think I live close to you.  I'm 5 miles north of Valley Springs.  Is it gas or Diesel?  

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car