Kenworth T2000 Will Not Build Air

dirtrunner0519

Good Morning Everyone, 

I have a Kenworth T2000 that will not currently build air. I know that the compressor  is working but there is a leak on a valve towards the middle of the frame just before the axles. I cannot read the info on the valve. Does anyone know what this is? In addition, does anyone have a parts manual or service manual for this beast, just to help me identify parts so I can order new ones?

I have attached some updated photos of the build progress it is not longer ugly red it is now monster lined grey with a 14' box that will soon be converted into more of a living quarters. 

IMG_1755.JPG

Nice pic, doesn't help identify the part, though. That location sounds like either air suspension, or brakes.

Edited by Darryl&Rita

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

2 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Nice pic, doesn't help identify the part, though.

13 minutes ago, dirtrunner0519 said:

Good Morning Everyone, 

I have a Kenworth T2000 that will not currently build air. I know that the compressor  is working but there is a leak on a valve towards the middle of the frame just before the axles. I cannot read the info on the valve. Does anyone know what this is? In addition, does anyone have a parts manual or service manual for this beast, just to help me identify parts so I can order new ones?

I have attached some updated photos of the build progress it is not longer ugly red it is now monster lined grey with a 14' box that will soon be converted into more of a living quarters. 

IMG_1755.JPG

Thats one heck of a moose bumper.  Is it easy to open the hood for pre-ride inspections?

1 hour ago, dirtrunner0519 said:

Two bolts, I will try and get a photo of the part. 

Even a better description of the lines going to/from said valve will help. Does the leakage start immediately, or does the pressure build some, before leaking starts? Brake leaks will begin as soon as pressure starts to build, but suspension leaks will only begin after 40-60 psi builds up in the system.

9 minutes ago, spindrift said:

Leveling valve??

Very possible. See last sentence, above.

Edited by Darryl&Rita

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

12 minutes ago, dirtrunner0519 said:

What does this do. Is this an ABS valve or something similar?

Takes the air signal from 1 line to 4 brake pots. Don't worry about bugging people, we're here to help you enjoy your ride, safely. If you were bugging us, there'd only be crickets responding. That valve is available at any truck dealership, a lot of NAPA stores, Amazon, and a handful of online retailers. It's crazy common.

Please e-mail us here.

• 2 weeks later...