Lifting tiers of ground, Putting it on block's

rving mr

You don't state what you purpose is.  Are you short term camping, making a fixed location, rotating tires, etc.  

Is there a reason you dont just block it at jack points?

2014 Volvo 630. 2016 Fuzion 325T, RZR 900 Trail 
675ah AGM, MSH 3012 inverter, 960w Solar.  (2016 Chevy 3500 DRW, backup)

I don't see any jack pints. I'll be siting here for at least a year. And I wanted to take stress off the tires. I mainly want to know if the frame can handle all the w8 on the bumper end during blocking. The teder toder method. Right now I have it slightly lifted on 6 jack stands. 2 stabilizers that are mounted on back end/bumper area. I dowt thay are level/square. It might warp it. Thats why I want to correct it by leveling 4-6 block method.

Edited by rving mr

9 hours ago, rving mr said:

Right now I have it slightly lifted on 6 jack stands.

There is more to the answer than what we know here, as the best answer depends on what make your RV is, what is the frame made of, how long is the trailer, and what is the surface that will be supporting the blocks you place under it. If you are parked on a solid, paved surface that will not allow the supporting jacks to sink into it over time, then you can probably safely level it and lift the tires, or better yet remove them to some dark place. If you are parked on any surface that may allow the leveling jacks/blocks to sink and at an uneven rate, then I would be very cautious about placing all of the RV's weight on those jacks/blocks. Also, a steel frame will take much more constant stress than will an aluminum one. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Trailer frames are designed to support the weight at the axles, and built while doing so. I would block on both sides of the axles to remove the wheels, then use the tongue jack and stabilizers to steady the trailer.

Unless the blocks are leveled to each other, there is an excellent chance of twisting the frame if the blocks are at the ends of the frame; as Kirk stated.

Edited by Ray,IN
replaced like with as

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

As a prior Weekend Warrior owner I would just park it and not worry. Leaving the tires in place or taking them off will do little. Maybe when you first start rolling you will notice a bump, but they will quickly work it out as they heat up. Worst thing for tires is to let the set. Maybe taking them off the trailer and storing in a temperature controlled location may give you another year of use, but they will age out before they wear out. Don't know of a way to stop time. 

Oh, and the trailer won't be able to be pulled anyway. 

Rod

Edited by lappir
forgot my last thought.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

On 9/5/2020 at 4:59 PM, Ray,IN said:

Ok.. was thinking the same.. TY

On 9/5/2020 at 4:17 AM, kurtsara said:

I like that, weekend worrier. 

I love it. But it is to heavy for my truck(supped up 1/2 tun). Will be selling it after my new build is complete. My build is for off road. Only problem i'm having is i'm 6'4"... So top heavy is hard to advoid on hard shell.

On 9/5/2020 at 5:34 AM, Kirk W said:

There is more to the answer than what we know here, as the best answer depends on what make your RV is, what is the frame made of, how long is the trailer, and what is the surface that will be supporting the blocks you place under it. If you are parked on a solid, paved surface that will not allow the supporting jacks to sink into it over time, then you can probably safely level it and lift the tires, or better yet remove them to some dark place. If you are parked on any surface that may allow the leveling jacks/blocks to sink and at an uneven rate, then I would be very cautious about placing all of the RV's weight on those jacks/blocks. Also, a steel frame will take much more constant stress than will an aluminum one. 

Ty... I'm on clay. I did us a vibrator plat device.. Kinda looks like a lawnmower with a snow sled on bottom. I'm hoping that made ground solid anuf to prevent sinking.