Truckers GPS/ Apps

LHunter42

We have a 13’ 4” fifth wheel.  There are specialized gps devices but we wanted to use our truck’s nav display so we subscribe to LowClearances.com.  That subscription allows us to download and install POI files with the location of thousands of low clearance locations.  We downloaded the POI file directly into the Chevy Nav system and also into Google Maps which we can then use with Apple Car Play.

This does not route around low clearances, simply shows them on the map.  That’s not a problem for us because I typically map the next days travel in advance.   I also use RVTripWizard for trip planning before we leave.  RVTripWizard also shows low clearance locations although not as many as LowClearances.com.

I also use CoPilot, but on an iPad.  It allows you to set the parameters (height, weight, etc.) of your rig and will route you around obstacles based on those parameters.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I run Co Pilot RV on an iPad and the truck has Tom Tom Truck built into the dash. Both have the ability to enter your length, Height,  and etc...

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

Howdy!

Like others I have been using Co-pilot for years as a fulltimer on my tablet and phone. When we purchased our Cyclone TH and I found out that it was 13’4” I purchased the Co-pilot truck. It has kept us safe throughout our travels, even in the northeast which is know for low clearances. We’ve also used it travel in the Canadian maritimes and a couple of trips to Alaska. Wouldn’t hit the road without it.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

I have two Rand McNally RV GPS units, and old 7730 and a newer model 7. With both you enter your length, height and weight. It will not route you onto unsafe roads based on what you enter, you may choose to avoid dirt roads, small roads, ferries, tunnels, and many other items.

The only errors were of my doing, er, not doing/entering properly.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961