Tiny home anyone?

Claudia Duske

If any of you heavy haulers may be interested or know of someone looking to self build a tiny home we have the perfect frame and parts available. I have complete details listed under RV accessories category linked to our blog with full details and photos. Thanks for spreading the word!

Claudia & Marc #57911

All of them I have seen are not suitable for much travel.  Be careful and make sure there is storage cabinets with doors.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Ken, I agree with you--many production tiny homes show open shelving even! Of course, it will be up to a buyer as to how he wants to configure storage and whether they wish to make use of current cabinetry, which of course has all RV closures. We are the original owner and these maple cabinets were an upgrade; Amish made, solid wood. 

I think a solidly built tiny home could work well on an acreage parcel, as an ADU unit in a backyard, or even on one of the RV lots in Yuma! There is also a big move for folks to use them on property they own as an Air B&B rental unit.  It could also work for those who only move a couple times a year between owned RV lots. I'm not sure many jump into them with the idea of frequent travel but more as a decent small home on wheels that "could" be movable should the need or desire arise. 

Claudia & Marc #57911

Ultimately I would like to have one on our seasonal camping spot so I can keep the camper at home. I would have to pull it out in the fall and put it back in the spring not a big deal. But that takes money I dont have right now.  Its a pain anytime we want to travel we have to pull the camper out and put it back. Ive been in and out of that campground more than anyone else this year and there is still 3 months left in our season.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Tiny homes aren't as popular anymore.  They aren't meant for traveling because they don't have holding tanks.  Some RV parks have height restrictions.  They were billed as a 'cute' little house and the youngsters were drawn to them.  I know of two 'subdivisions' geared for them that have folded. 

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

1 hour ago, 2gypsies said:

Tiny homes aren't as popular anymore.  They aren't meant for traveling because they don't have holding tanks.  Some RV parks have height restrictions.  They were billed as a 'cute' little house and the youngsters were drawn to them.  I know of two 'subdivisions' geared for them that have folded. 

There's a tiny home community on the Oregon coast that has a waiting list.

https://tinyhousegiantjourney.com/2020/07/02/coastal-tiny-house-community/

There are more but that's the newest link I have to one.

The author of that blog had a tiny home built to RVIA standards and did a lot of traveling with it. It's not typical but it can be done.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Tiny homes can have holding tanks; it just depends upon how they are built. Many now go with composting toilets as they are meant for off-grid use. To my knowledge, tiny homes are also required to meet the height requirements of normal RVs since they too, must be road legal to travel down the highways without special permits. I have personally never heard of an RV park having a height restriction, so that's a new one for me.

Thanks, Linda, I too think tiny homes are just as popular as ever; they are just morphing into a different use than a typical RV and by a different crowd than the typical RVer. These are young people who are trying to live minimally and own something without a huge mortgage. They like the fact that once they own it, it can be moved if necessary, if a situation requires a move, unlike a stationary house. 

A local couple who looked at it are actually older. They own and travel in a motorhome; own a stationary home, and several pieces of property "up north". They are giving thought to building a tiny home to place on one of those properties, as some close friends of theirs have done, who rave about how nice it is as "a cabin on the lake". Since it is classified as an RV, it does not add to the property tax basis on those properties like a stick built cabin would and can be left there for them to enjoy seasonally. 

We're just hopeful this rig can be of use to someone who has the vision to reinvent her, LOL, before we totally destroy the body and turn it into a flat bed trailer. 🤪  

Claudia & Marc #57911

Just be aware that in many places, you can't use an rv or tiny home as a residence, whether you own the property or not.  Most places that have zoning laws will have language excluding living quarters not built to code, which includes a foundation.  Mobile homes fall under another set of rules, and typically have a minimum square footage, which an rv or tiny home won't meet.

In other words, do your homework before you get an unpleasant surprise.  I have relatives in Colorado that had people lease nearby land from the county, move in some tiny homes and rent them on airb&b.  Clear violation on many issues, besides charging sales tax and not passing it on to the governing body.  Duhhhh......

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net