OT: TST 507 Cap Sensor O Ring Size

SuiteSuccess

I have the TST 507 tpms on truck and trailer.  I need to replace several of the cap 0 rings (not the stem) and was wondering if anyone could tell me the size of the ring or has a loose one they could measure?  I know you can order them from TST but they only have the kits with six o rings, six stem seals, and screws.  I have all the screws and stem seals I need so going to try and source the o rings themselves in bulk.  Also if you know of a source would appreciate that link also.

D5WeMtRl.jpg

YujV2XTl.jpg
9LrfEjUl.jpg

Small O ring and stem seal.

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

41 minutes ago, durangodon said:

In the past, I called them and they sent me o-rings at no charge.

Thanks, yes they used to but now do not. You have to purchase the kit, I mentioned above at $8 for 6 O rings, 6 stem seals, and 6 screws.  I have 14 sensors so $25 plus shipping is a little pricey to use just the O rings.  I think if I get the size I can buy in bulk much cheaper.

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I have a local shop, called Rubber and accessories. It's in Lakeland Florida. I suspect that there's other places like this in other communities but they always have the O-rings I need on hand.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

The o-rings I use are 11mm x 1mm nitrile.  They're a tight stretch and other sizes may fit better and I may try another size if I ever use all these.  I break about every fifth one when I put them on but have had no problems with water intrusion once installed.  I also put a very small dab of silicon grease on the threads to help seal and thread the cap tight.

You can buy these nitrile o-rings from Amazon.  

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

4 minutes ago, Jim & Wilma said:

The o-rings I use are 11mm x 1mm nitrile.  They're a tight stretch and other sizes may fit better and I may try another size if I ever use all these.  I break about every fifth one when I put them on but have had no problems with water intrusion once installed.  I also put a very small dab of silicon grease on the threads to help seal and thread the cap tight.

You can buy these nitrile o-rings from Amazon.  

Thanks Jim.  Will give them a try.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl,  If I remember correctly, there's a hydraulics shop off 321 on the east side of Maryville.  South side of road.  But as mentioned above, any decent hydraulics or rubber shop should be able to fix you up.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Carl,  If I remember correctly, there's a hydraulics shop off 321 on the east side of Maryville.  South side of road.  But as mentioned above, any decent hydraulics or rubber shop should be able to fix you up.

Rick,

Thank you.  I ordered 100 of the ones Jim recommended.  I have some silicone grease already so will give both a try.  $5 and change for 100.  Better than $8 for six.  BTW looking forward to Monday. 😊

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

19 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

BTW looking forward to Monday. 😊

Me too.  Be there, or be.....not there.  Washed trailer and checked tires.  Almost ready to roll.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

We haven't used the orings on our sensors for quite some time now. So far no issues.

Edited by Star Dreamer

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

• 6 months later...

Greetings to an old post!

I too, am in need of the cap sensor "body" sealing o-rings mentioned above. When I open up the referenced Amazon listing, it gives a description of a much smaller size than I need! More like the "valve stem side" o-rings size. 

What I need are about 23 mm OD X 1.5 mm thick (7/8" X 1/16"). Any further advice, clarification or sourcing would be great.

Thanks,

Steve

7 minutes ago, wihakowi said:

When I open up the referenced Amazon listing, it gives a description of a much smaller size than I need!

I agree they're pretty small and don't recall whose "good advice" I followed in getting these.  I'm on my second round of 12 sensors worth of battery replacements using these and have had no signs of water intrusion.  Larger would be easier to slip on though can't attest they'd work better.  I break about every fifth one but must have 70 left, so until they're gone I won't be buying others.  If/when I do buy more, I might upsize to say 20mm x 1mm.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Like Stardreamer, I haven't used the body O-rings for about 5 years now. I put a dab of silicone grease on the threads as a sealer and haven't had any problems. I also leave the rotating security covers off, making the sensors less noticeable and a bit lighter. That also makes removing them to air up no different than removing a standard valve cap, and even a little easier for arthritic fingers.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system