Map of states plans

agesilaus

Here is some late breaking news:

The study found that the risk of “transmission from surfaces outdoors is lower during daylight” and under higher temperature and humidity conditions. “Sunlight destroys the virus quickly,” reads the briefing.

While that may provide some good news about the outlook for outdoor activities, the Department of Homeland Security briefing on the results cautions that enclosed areas with low humidity, such as airplane cabins, “may require additional care to minimize risk of transmission

Simulated sunlight “rapidly killed the virus in aerosols,” the briefing says, while without that treatment, “no significant loss of virus was detected in 60 minutes.”

The tests were performed on viral particles suspended in saliva. They were done indoors in environments meant to mimic various weather conditions.

While the results of these tests have not been previously made public, Harvey Fineberg, head of the National Academies Standing Committee on Emerging Infectious Diseases and 21st Century Health Threats, broadly described plans to conduct the experiments in an April 7 letter to the White House.”

Yahoo News

I haven't' heard much about the UV-C and low UV light testing lately. Do you haven and insight? There are many UV-C light wands and bulbs for sale, the vast majority from Hong Kong and China, with no certification as to effectivness. Low UV is just getting underway and is promising.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We had UV-C light wands in the lab and they are not for casual use. You need to wear special protective eyewear and longer exposure will give you skin burns. I'm not sure what use it would be anyway you could not use it on your body and it has a short range in air and would seem like it would be not good for air sterilization. It can be used to sterilize water but only in a special setup where the water is run in a thin layer under the UV-C lights. It also generates ozone in the air which is not good for you either.

I have a short wave UV light here at home but it is for detection of fluorescent minerals in the field and that is the only home use that I know of.

agesilaus, evidently Far UVC is different from UVC.  Far UVC is supposedly safe.  I don't know anything about any of it except what I've read.  That's why I posted the article.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I decided to purchase an inexpensive UV-C hand wand, they are rather weak - 2w, and surfaces must be exposed to the rays for a minimum of 20 seconds to be effective. This is for disinfecting cell phones, and most anything hand-held. It has a safety feature that prevents it from turning on unless pointed down, when moved sideways or pointed up, it automatically shuts off, plus has a built-in timer.

I already have a 60W UV-C 120VAC bulb with remote fob on order. I know how and when to use it. There is a downside to using UV rays for disinfection, every surface must be exposed to this light.

I also have an older UV bulb that fits into a 4' florescent fixture, haven't used it in many years though.

That said, there is only one way to know it works, testing, which I do not have available. At least it is going to keep me occupied while the doors are shut.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 8:16 AM, agesilaus said:

FoxNews has most of it and I used google search for the states they did not mention but were possible(the blue colored states). No reason to search the left coast or most of the NE.

Unfortunate source of "news", LOL.

Is this thread started by you on 4-19, going the same route as the one you started on 4-17 ??

RV.net moves quicker on closings, huh agesilaus?

😉

Quote;  " 'Connell Virus is not conducted through 5G. However there have been 420 cases, confirmed, contacted through 4G. The only protection is submerge the 4G devise in inches of Clorox." 

Edited by Sehc
spelling