Hi

runaway parents

Thought I would check In and say hi how is every body  doing. Just sitting here looking at the truck and trailer looking forward to the day we can get it out and use it again, It is sitting there all ready to go. I hope every body is doing ok. Work is still shut down around here doesn't look good.  We will see .Hopefully things will turn around soon. You guys and gals stay safe and healthy out there.

Hi back at you.  I am back to work today on a modified schedule after a department imposed two week self isolation period.  Things are definitely not normal around here, but we are continuing on.  I'm working 12.5 hour shifts for the next two weeks and then possibly back into another two week self isolation period.  We will see how long we keep this up.

On edit:  Here's an article about some of the stuff our department has implemented to try to minimize exposures to officers.

Edited by Chad Heiser

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Runaway parents

Regret hearing you can not use your rig. In the central US RV life in near normal. We just don't go shopping. I need several things for projects, but they can wait. We go get needed supplies and then stay in RV or around the CG.

We left AZ. first part of March. Four weeks in TX. one week in KS. and next week in MO.

Hope you can get out soon. RV travel is good because you don't get close to people.

We are looking forward to the WCR.

Chad

Good to hear you are working. Well, not the work, but the $$$$$ helps keep America moving.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

10 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Hi back at you.  I am back to work today on a modified schedule after a department imposed two week self isolation period.  Things are definitely not normal around here, but we are continuing on.  I'm working 12.5 hour shifts for the next two weeks and then possibly back into another two week self isolation period.  We will see how long we keep this up.

On edit:  Here's an article about some of the stuff our department has implemented to try to minimize exposures to officers.

Hi Chad good to here your doing ok .Sounds like your world has been turned upside down two . Construction for me has been shut down since January. First month was because of lack of work. Just when things where picking up and we where getting ready to go back to work every thing got shut down. Vickie has been like a rock she works at the hospital she was screening patents until they figured out she was at hi risk  so they moved her off the front lines and got out of harms way. She is doing ok for now. I still worry about her. You all stay safe out there. Stay healthy

Glad to hear that you folks are staying safe. We moved out of the RGV on April 1st (it is real warm down there). We moved to Beaumont, Tx and now we are hunkered to wait this out. Nice place to sit (pool and things are all shut down) and the dogs get lots of walks. This will eventually pass and we will get back to normal eventually.

Chad you be careful out there and stay as safe as possible. Say Hi to Jen.

Brad 

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Chad, glad you're staying healthy, even if the work sked is a bit stressing.  Kudo's to all our front line, essential responders, Thanks! 

We had our house rented out 3-weeks ago, so had to hit the road.  Mostly boondocking, as most campgrounds are closed.  Now in CO, at a city park that has all facilities closed but still allows camping.  That's smart IMO, we haven't been more than 20ft from anyone her efor two days.  Supposed to dump 6-12" of snow tonight...just outside Longmont CO.

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

Everything is pretty much the same here on the farm. We have a bunch of corn contracted so I will be trucking pretty hard the rest of the month. The kids have school on their I pads. Jen is a little stressed being forced into being a home school teacher. For once these chickens of mine are paying off. Eggs are near $5 a dozen here.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

16 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

Brad, you must have taken the heat with you?  72 outside right now!

You are welcome Rocky. But I don't think we took it because it is 62 here and expecting rain.

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.