WIndshield Washer Fluid Pump

castlewood57

I have 2007 Volvo 670 last run I was on the wipers worked fine, but the washer pump has quit.

Will be checking fuses, but I didn't see one for the washer fluid, only for the wiper motor itself.

Any suggestions before I start randomly pulling and testing fuses?  Is there another area other than middle of the top of the dash fuse panel?

Thanks in advance.

47 minutes ago, castlewood57 said:

I have 2007 Volvo 670 last run I was on the wipers worked fine, but the washer pump has quit.

Will be checking fuses, but I didn't see one for the washer fluid, only for the wiper motor itself.

Any suggestions before I start randomly pulling and testing fuses?  Is there another area other than middle of the top of the dash fuse panel?

Thanks in advance.

Don’t know about a fuse but mine did the same thing.  Just quit.  I replaced it and has been fine since.  Located on my 780 on back side of reservoir which is behind batteries on drivers side.  Was easy to replace.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

1 hour ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Don’t know about a fuse but mine did the same thing.  Just quit.  I replaced it and has been fine since.  Located on my 780 on back side of reservoir which is behind batteries on drivers side.  Was easy to replace.

Hmm .. Ok, Looks like get to crawl under, will wait until it warms up a bit.

Before you start digging for fuses, check that you actually have fluid, and that the hoses are connected.  These things hold a LOT of fluid, and those rubber lines don't last forever.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

If the tank had fluid and froze, it will crack.  The WW tank on our Volvo 610 cracked while in Kansas 2 winters ago... temps were in the teens or high single digits and the Walmart brand "Good to -20*" fluid froze.... and cracked the tank.  

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Mine only works on passenger side.  Driver side is clear when blown with air, and when the hose is disconnected it will flow from the pump, just won’t spray through the nozzles.

maybe weak pump, looked in it, but can’t see anything.

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

11 hours ago, Exile said:

Mine only works on passenger side.  Driver side is clear when blown with air, and when the hose is disconnected it will flow from the pump, just won’t spray through the nozzles.

Have you passed a needle or small wire through the spay nozzle on the drivers side ? 

You might try clamping the passenger side hose to force fluid into the other side , as a test .

Goes around , comes around .

On 4/9/2020 at 1:13 AM, Exile said:

Just replace the arm to get a new spray nozzle. They're inexpensive and the springs don't last all that long anyway. Jay

49 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

The nozzles on our rig clamp onto the arms . I wouldn't think they come as a set . But ???

The arm comes with the new nozzle attached. Between the new spray nozzle and the new spring hugging the wiper blade to the glass, it's a worthwhile investment that'll make you smile every time you use it. Just watch out for the occasional improperly manufactured arm. I went through every arm in the dealer's stock, but ended up using my Dremel to "adjust" it. Hopefully, they've corrected that since. Jay

Edit.. My truck is a '99 Volvo. Don't know about other brands.

Edited by Jaydrvr