Canadian rigs marooned in the US due to the Virus.

rdickinson

So, I'm putting the offer out there, if there is anyone or knows of anyone stuck in the US and not able to personally drive their rigs back to Canada, I'll do it.

If my insurer will look after my personal insurance for the duration and the Maroonee can get their insurer to cover me driving the rig, plus look after hard costs, I'll do it for no charge.

Doesn't matter where the rig is or where it has to go, it can be done.

It would need to be in good mechanical condition.

I'd probably need someone with me or a letter from the owner or the owner to meet me at the border.

I saw that but not sure when.  Also would need to see if returning rv's by the owner or others would be classified as essential.  In the past, there has been more than 1 story of people having issues in this regard.

Costs of leaving it ? , security.

This would eliminate 1 problem  but time may be short.

2 hours ago, rdickinson said:

I saw that but not sure when.  Also would need to see if returning rv's by the owner or others would be classified as essential.  In the past, there has been more than 1 story of people having issues in this regard.

I resemble that remark.

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

Canadians may still cross going north. All other crossing must be essential trade. No tourist crossing will be allowed at this time. Not sure if returning an RV to a Canadian owner would be considered essential. The owner may have to pick up their rig at the border and drive it across themself. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, Twotoes said:

Canadians may still cross going north. All other crossing must be essential trade. No tourist crossing will be allowed at this time. Not sure if returning an RV to a Canadian owner would be considered essential. The owner may have to pick up their rig at the border and drive it across themself. 

It probably would if it was  lived in it all year or they  RV  in Canada during the rest of the year.  One of them may have developed an illness rendering them unable to drive or taken the rig or had it taken  south and parked some time ago.

The RV park may fold, then what?

It may be a while before this clears up so best get everything home.

It doesn't matter the reason

Old buch of doctors that I used to fly around third world locations are VERY VERY grumpy about EVERYONE staying AWAY from each other......

I complained that they were acting like a bunch grumpy old doctors...... 

They ALL told me that I was WRONG.....DEAD WRONG at our GEEZER age group....

How many of us geezers got to be GEEZERS proving the doctor WRONG???

Chances are the RV's might survive.... GEEZERS seem to be a limited supply and getting to be smaller inventory item.

Gotta go tend the garden now......seems better than going to the store with third world empty shelves.... In the third world stores shelves they are empty because folks are dirt poor.... Here store shelves are empty because we HAVE unlimited credit.... .

Hope doctors are wrong.......

Drive on...... maybe later....

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

We left the eastern part of Florida Tuesday (Melbourne).  I like to break the trip back to VA into 3 driving days logging about 300 miles a day.  Our entire route was up I-95.  Traffic was heavy - I would honestly say that 8 out of 10 vehicles were from Canada.  I came to call it the GREAT EXODUS - both RV's and 4-wheelers but mostly 4-wheelers.  Rest stops were packed full.  Again, many Canadian tags on vehicles trying to get back home.  This virus will be with us for a good while.  Many of the short term closings will become much longer.  I just don't see places like Universal, Disney, Schools, etc. reopening in 10 days.  We are back on "The Ranch" in VA unloading into the brick and mortar.  We have plenty of toilet paper.  Funny thing about that... while the regular shelves at Wal-Mart were devoid of potty paper the section where they keep RV supplies had plenty on the shelves.  Guess not too many folks thought to look there.  I hope everyone gets home safely.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!