Insurance

jpnjr68

It could end up being a couple of different companies. I deal with 3 of them to cover everything I own. Just make sure when you are shopping around that you are comparing for the same coverages. I am and have used Progressive for more then 15 years. I think that they would be a good start

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

There are many different insurance underwriters and as the previous response said, you may need to use more than one of them. My suggestion is that you would be best served by going to one of the insurance agencies that have developed a good reputation for working with RV fulltimers. When fulltime you will need different insurance on the RV than what you keep when part-time because most policies have use limits on them and a fulltimer policy has coverages that part-time does not. Some insurance agencies that have developed outstanding reputations with Escapee members, in no particular order are:

Miller Insurance Agency

AIS Insurance Agency

Explorer Insurance

RV Advantage Insurance

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We have had our car and motorcycle with Progressive for several years now.  Have had two comprehensive claims during that time.  One was a windshield replacement and one was a broken headlight on my Harley.  Believe it or not but newer Harley headlights cost right at $500.00 installed.  Anyway, they processed both claims quickly and I was 100% satisfied. 

Yesterday our 2018 Mini got trashed by large hail on I-90 in SD.  There is probably 200 to 300 nickel size dents all over it.  This will be the true test of how good Progressive actually is IMHO.

As far as the RV goes we have had good luck and rates the National General (Good Sams) in recent years.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Not all insurance companies will write fulltime coverage. Many times it depended on what State you are registured in. I use the Escapees SD mailing address. Some that said NO are State Farm, Liberty Mutual and their subsidiary Safeco, Hartford thru AARP. They would not write fulltime coverage in SD. For many years I had Allied a subsidiary of Nationwide thru Miller Insurance, a broker and Escapee commercial partner but they doubled their premium. I switched to Geico and saved a lot of $$$. Stay away from Allstate and Farmers. But Formost a subsidiary of Farmers is good. Progressive is so so. Had a lot of problems with claims with them when I practiced law. SAME WITH AAA too many claims problems. Make sure you get a fulltimers policy which includes personal liability when you are parked and not moving as well as personal contents coverage. Many say they are fulltime but don’t cover you when parked. I have my RV, Jeep, Harley,  3 rentals, and an umbrella with Geico. Geico brokers the rental policies thru Travelers. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

We are not true full timers  since we have a domicile in Ohio and a residence in Florida so we do not face the issues full timers have with insurance . We have been using progressive for all our insurance needs for years  with not a problem

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

8 hours ago, sandsys said:

Why are you looking at renter's insurance rather than full time RVing insurance?

I suspect he has a storage space with his property in it, in addition to insurance for the RV and vehicle.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I do not have homeowners insurance but do have 3 landloard policies, like homeowners, on each of my rental properties, bundled with my RV, Jeep and Harley policies all covered with an umbrella. May the OP has rental property too. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer