Inverter mistake

runaway parents

Ohm my god, I am shocked that you would make light of this situation.  I would expect a well grounded RVer to understand watt's at stake here.  Geez, I'm going to bail out of this thread before I get too amped up about it and blow a fuse.

I made similar mistake I started my truck and left it idling behind the barn, two days later I remembered it.  It had shut off after 5 minutes, thats almost as stuped as I am. Of course the batterys were dead and I figured I had just cost my self 4 new ones. It didn't take long on the charger before it was ready to go and I have had no problems with then for 2 years. I have not done that again.

2 hours ago, Lance A Lott said:

I made similar mistake I started my truck and left it idling behind the barn, two days later I remembered it.  It had shut off after 5 minutes, thats almost as stuped as I am. Of course the batterys were dead and I figured I had just cost my self 4 new ones. It didn't take long on the charger before it was ready to go and I have had no problems with then for 2 years. I have not done that again.

Eek.

i thought leaving my shop air compressor valve open for a couple days was bad.

hope I don’t leave my truck idling. 

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

Well it realy wasn't that hard to do, I was doing some work out in the field beyond the truck and it shut of after 5 minutes just like its supposed to. when I walked back by 30 minutes later, like I do several times a day, it was off and I didn't think about it at all. I have been told Volvos have a low voltage protection, it must be so as it took very little time to charge and didn't seem to harm the batterys. When I take it to be reprogrammed I will have them change the idle time. I like to start it several times over the winter and I realy want it to run more than 5 minutes.