First Build

1930harley

On 4/8/2019 at 12:34 AM, Steve from SoCal said:

I put a 30 gallon poly water tank under the frame rails behind the axle on my truck.     Your truck has at least twice the rails extending back, there are 80~100 gallon tanks on ebay that are about the right size.      I hung the tank in a saddle mount against the frame.   

1u4RQuQl.jpg

0PQlw0Ll.jpg

ZDg9EYsl.jpg

Whats the distance from bottom of your bumper to the ground?

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Jon,

The bumper is 14 at  ride height at the bottom.    In the pictures above the vertical brackets are are lower.     The chalk line in the bottom pic is where the bottom of the bumper is.

Steve 

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Took me some head scratching and I still had my fingers crossed behind my back on the PN for Glenn's ABS module.  It was kind of a simple system though.  The ACC/ACB/Fusion on this one is a whole different ball game.  Take a truck that automatically safety brakes and then remove two brakes and 4000 lbs off of it, yea that's a bit of liability to guess on what will work.  Needs track time.

On 4/11/2019 at 2:59 PM, Scrap said:

Took me some head scratching and I still had my fingers crossed behind my back on the PN for Glenn's ABS module.  It was kind of a simple system though.  The ACC/ACB/Fusion on this one is a whole different ball game.  Take a truck that automatically safety brakes and then remove two brakes and 4000 lbs off of it, yea that's a bit of liability to guess on what will work.  Needs track time.

Thank you so much for your help with that. Made a difficult task simple.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

On 4/10/2019 at 2:36 PM, 1930harley said:

After a long talk with our Meritor rep it seems that everyone is liability shy these days and nobody will offer any help on the ABS going from 6 sensor to 4 sensor.  Meritor won't give you a part number for the 4s/4m ABS ECU they want it to come from Freightliner.  Freightliner won't give you a part number because of liability.  It was decided that the simplest thing to do was weld on a ABS sensor block to both back wheels and run 2 sensors to each wheel.  We tried splitting the signal but the ohms were to far off and rather than messing around with it any further I just decided to go with 2 sensors to each wheel.  

This is what I did on my Volvo but so far it is not working properly. I had to repair two of the cables do you know what the ohms should be? I am still recovering from a knee replacement so I won't be able to work on it for a few more weeks. 5k

ABS sensors don't work on a strictly resistance method. The pickup generates an AC voltage, frequency depending on rotation speed of the tone ring. Read up a few posts, for my earlier post on testing sensors and wiring. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived