Runnig Parallel - Batteries

Vegas Teacher

Hello All,

Please help. I want to run two 12 volt batteries in parallel on the front of my trailer. I know if I hook the (+) to the (+) and the( - )to the ( - ) between the two batteries I am good there. However, how do I attach the ( + ) and ( - ) wires coming off of the trailer. Do I attach both to one battery or the ( + ) to battery A and the ( - ) to battery B.

I am doing this to increase parking lot time for boon docking not to increase voltage from 12 to 24 volts.

I guess I could go next door and ask the phyics teacher, he is about 20 years old than me. He is also a retired physicists from the nuclear plant, but his explanations are so long winded and I get tired long before he is done talking. 

If anybody has pictures that would be great. I have two marine batteries that are pretty new, I can't wait to give this a try. I also want to learn how to set up solar pannels, but one thing at a time.

Later,

Vegas Teacher 

4 minutes ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Hello All,

Please help. I want to run two 12 volt batteries in parallel on the front of my trailer. I know if I hook the (+) to the (+) and the( - )to the ( - ) between the two batteries I am good there. However, how do I attach the ( + ) and ( - ) wires coming off of the trailer. Do I attach both to one battery or the ( + ) to battery A and the ( - ) to battery B.

I am doing this to increase parking lot time for boon docking not to increase voltage from 12 to 24 volts.

I guess I could go next door and ask the phyics teacher, he is about 20 years old than me. He is also a retired physicists from the nuclear plant, but his explanations are so long winded and I get tired long before he is done talking. 

If anybody has pictures that would be great. I have two marine batteries that are pretty new, I can't wait to give this a try. I also want to learn how to set up solar pannels, but one thing at a time.

Later,

Vegas Teacher 

Teach.......

Do NOT ask anyone......... A N Y T H I N G !  !   !

Save ALL    Q U E S T I O N S until Mr. Cob(b) arrives here at Last Chance Peak horse camp at the end of this month....... Between us we are a VAST pool of miss-information and for the price of B U Y I N G us B O T H a FREE lunch we will pontificate on everything we KNOW and a lot of things we are C L U E L E S S about as well.........

I am very gifted with .......wife-advice.........what ever wife-advice I "gift" to you ......just do the opposite ........you'll be fine.......

Mr. Cob(b) has admitted many times here on the forum that his electrical-skills often seem to basis for that old saw........"where there is smoke, given a few more Amps....... you will likely have a fire" 

So Teach..........save up your lunch-money and get ready to shoot over the pass to buy us geezers .......free lunch.....many lessons await.....

Drive on.........(Teach buys a Great......free lunch)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

14 minutes ago, Dollytrolley said:

Teach.......

Do NOT ask anyone......... A N Y T H I N G !  !   !

Save ALL    Q U E S T I O N S until Mr. Cob(b) arrives here at Last Chance Peak horse camp at the end of this month....... Between us we are a VAST pool of miss-information and for the price of B U Y I N G us B O T H a FREE lunch we will pontificate on everything we KNOW and a lot of things we are C L U E L E S S about as well.........

I am very gifted with .......wife-advice.........what ever wife-advice I "gift" to you ......just do the opposite ........you'll be fine.......

Mr. Cob(b) has admitted many times here on the forum that his electrical-skills often seem to basis for that old saw........"where there is smoke, given a few more Amps....... you will likely have a fire" 

So Teach..........save up your lunch-money and get ready to shoot over the pass to buy us geezers .......free lunch.....many lessons await.....

Drive on.........(Teach buys a Great......free lunch)

ABSOLUTELY!!!

See you then! I got to get it done before Valentines Weekend!

Take the negative from one side of the bank and the positive from the other side of the bank to best utilize the bank.  Like this:

mx0lanEl.gif

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Howdy Cory,

When I get down to DT's oasis, if you havnen't already set your truck on fire I am sure I can lend a hand, I am a professional at letting the sacred smoke out of the wires.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

It really doesn't matter how you connect them as long as the positive wires and negative wires go to their respective places.  I've run banks of six where the wire goes battery to battery to battery then load, and small banks where the load has a wire to each battery.  Doesn't matter.

In theory, if your wire is undersized it could be a problem for the battery at the end.  I've never seen that actually happen in the real world.  The largest battery bank I've worked on had 32 batteries at 500aH each.  That had several batteries bridged, then a load wire from the group.

Chad Heiser is the closest to being right. In his diagram, the positive and negative cables do not have to be the same length. If there was more than three batteries, the inter-connecting cables must be the same length, (positive to positive to positive) and (negative to negative to negative).  I recommend having the cables made by a service such as Genuine Dealz with quality cable and lugs.  Here; http://www.genuinedealz.com/custom-cables/custom-battery-cable-assembly   I use 2/0 for interconnections.

Archived