Off Topic -- Washer in the RV

Brad & Jacolyn

This is an FYI for you folks with a washer in your rig. Last night our Splendide started washing and then just stopped and the timer started going around and around. I did research and found mention of a pump filter that could possibly cause the exact problem we have. Unfortunately, the unit is full of water and the door won't open. Found an access to the pump filter behind the toe kick. However, as I mentioned the unit is full of water. So we got out the towels and started draining the water in a small stream out through the access. Many towels and about 30 minutes and the washer is empty. I removed the access cover and found 75 cents and a small piece of material. We have no idea what the material is from so it has been in there a long time. It was plugging the input to the pump and it could not drain. Everything cleaned out and put back together and it works again. Guess that is something new to add to the 'check this once in a while' list.

Brad 

In filter resized.jpg

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

When our kids were brand new, their little socks would hide in the intake port of the pump.  Far less diagnostics time the second and third go 'round.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Uh, I think that quarter is mine. It sure looks like one I lost. Can I get it back? :)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Not many times do you get paid for working on your own stuff.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

13 hours ago, Big5er said:

Uh, I think that quarter is mine. It sure looks like one I lost. Can I get it back? :)

What were your clothes doing in my washing machine?

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

21 hours ago, rickeieio said:

When our kids were brand new, their little socks would hide in the intake port of the pump.  Far less diagnostics time the second and third go 'round.

Better story but based on small clothing stuck int he pump....

Years ago after divorce number one, I was living in a condo.  The complex was all rentals but came with washer and dryers in each unit.  But if a machine broke it was on you to repair it.  One evening sitting on the porch, talking with some friends, a downstairs neighbor came outside and said her washer had broke and she couldn't afford a repair guy, etc etc..... Being nice I asked what the machine was or wasn't doing, she explained that the tub was full and water wouldn't drain.   Being the nice guy, I offered to help, she accepted, and I grabbed some tools.   Large pair of Vice Grips to clap off the drain hose before the pump, then remove the hose from the input side of the pump.  Remove clothing items from the inlet.  Hooked everything back up and the machine ran like normal..... G-strings can clog a machine....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

2 hours ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

What were your clothes doing in my washing machine?

I'm thinking you probably picked up my quarter that day you were under my trailer with your grease gun helping me do my maintenance. It's not that I don't think your valuable assistance isn't worth a quarter, but I need 3 for the Dr. Pepper machine here and I only have 2. 

2014 smart Fortwo

JIm, I promise to never repeat that story when Alie is around B)

2014 smart Fortwo

6 hours ago, Big5er said:

I'm thinking you probably picked up my quarter that day you were under my trailer with your grease gun helping me do my maintenance. It's not that I don't think your valuable assistance isn't worth a quarter, but I need 3 for the Dr. Pepper machine here and I only have 2. 

That could be it. You do realize that was 3 - 4 years ago? Your powers of observation must be honed well.

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

All joking aside, I had the same problem.  But, I only got a quarter out of the deal.  Leaving coins in your pocket is not a good idea with these machines.  We were lucky to have a pan under the washer with a drain.  I had to let the water dribble out over an hour.  In our previous trailer, I did not have a pan under the washer and soaked the carpet several times.  Having a pan is a worthwhile addition and can save a flood when things go wrong.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Archived