Daveh Posted July 21, 2018 Report Share Posted July 21, 2018 Hi Guys I am a little stumped. A lot of different things happening and I am trying to isolate. Right now I only have AC through my inverter and subpanel. My Magnum will not recognize the AC and the charger will not run. I run most of my AC through my inverter and the subpanel. However, the magnum will not pass through any shore electricity so I am just using battery and inverter. It is not only my Magnum Inverter that is refusing the AC from the main panel but I also have our fireplace and washing machine attached to circuits directly from the panel. The fireplace and washing machine also will not work. The fireplace starts but then goes off right away. The washing machine doesn't start at all. The variables are: 1. My water pump popped its hose and wiring may have been hit. (I did not think so but found moisture in the area of the transfer switch. Specifically, I think the transfer switch may have been hit. 2. I am in a newly built campground and we just arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, I did not do my normal checks so I don't know if the inverter/charger, fireplace and washing machine ever worked or whether things have been nonfunctioning since I got here. 3. I first noticed the problem about 2 hours after we got here and my AC started making a noise like the current had changed--it did it a few times and I shut it off. I do not know whether this happened when I was on the park ac as my inverter will run the AC for a while (Magnum 3012 and I have lithiums) but my first thought was that I had a power surge. So my plan was to look for something obvious which I did not find last night. Now I am back at the pedestal and working my way backward. My readings this AM at the 50 amp pedestal were L1-N 123 L2-N 121 L1 to ground 122 (I had a reading of 85 for a while may have been probe) L2 to ground 123. I have been getting weird readings out of the panel when I tried to measure from the two hot wires as they entered the circuit breakers. One hot seemed to be at 210 and the other at 36. So I disconnected the main input AC wires from the panels to measure them and got this L1- N 106 L2-N 105 LI-G 122 l2-G 123. Anyone see anything here. I am going to switch back to the park we were at as I am more comfortable working on things there and will have access to their equipment. So my next two steps were to plug in somewhere else and if I still have problems open the transfer switch. I never use the transfer switch but am wondering whether things got screwed up from moisture. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. I am not thinking clearly about this. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.