Diesel locations

EagleEye

Is there an app or something where one can find locations along a route where you can find Diesel locations which are big friendly. By that I'm looking for places that are easy to access along my route.

Dave and Marge

2010 Phaeton Motor Home
Previous Mobile Suites 36 RSSB3 (for sale)
and 2005 FL M2-106 Sport (for sale after 5er sells)

A trucker's atlas (there's probably an app version now) or any of the RV GPSs. My Garmin RV760 has a category for truck stops and you can search either nearby or along your set route. I use it all the time for that purpose.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

I use the Trucker Path app for Android.  It displays nearly every fueling location with pumps for truck diesel.  Although I usually check them out with Google satellite and ground level view, I've never found a place with the app that I couldn't get in and out of fairly easily.

In addition to fueling stops the app also shows rest stops which is quite handy, also.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

On 7/14/2018 at 7:19 PM, docj said:

I use the Trucker Path app for Android.  It displays nearly every fueling location with pumps for truck diesel.  Although I usually check them out with Google satellite and ground level view, I've never found a place with the app that I couldn't get in and out of fairly easily.

In addition to fueling stops the app also shows rest stops which is quite handy, also.

I use the app too. It includes many "places" to identify on the map of your route, including diesel prices at whichever truck stops you select. Best of all, it will not route you into places not acceptable for a semi-truck/trailer. If it has a limitation, it's dependent on cell-phone signal.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, EagleEye said:

Is there an app or something where one can find locations along a route where you can find Diesel locations which are big friendly. By that I'm looking for places that are easy to access along my route.

Since you are towing a rather large heavy fiver I will assume you are interested in fueling and taking rest stops where semi combinations go.  

We pre-plan most of our days on the road.  For route planning I use my Truckers Atlas and then my Pilot/Flying J and Loves apps.  However, during travel days you may want to change a fuel stop or add a couple rest stops in there.  The absolute best tool I have found is the small blue "Pocket Truck Stop Guide".  It sells at Loves and most truck stops for about $6 or $7.  It breaks down each state by designated highways and gives every truck stop and rest stop that is available for large rigs.  What is nice about it is if there is a odd ball Shell station that happens to have diesel lanes out back where semis can fuel it will provide that listing.  We have had this little pocket guide since April and have probably used it every travel day.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

http://www.dieselboss.com/fuel.htm will give you the fuel prices at major truck stops, but you have to search yourself since it has no routing data.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

While I have several apps loaded on the computer and smart phone, I rarely use any of them. I have a fuel range of a little over 400 miles towing. I start looking for fuel at half a tank on the fuel gauge. We are retired and generally travel about 200-250 miles per day. When we stop for the night we often unhook to checkout the local area. This makes it possible to fuel at just about any station that has diesel including Murphy/Walmart or Kroger/Smith/Frys that are often difficult to maneuver a big rig through.  We prefer the Blue Highways but when on the interstate the Blue Signs provide more than ample information. There is no shortage of truck plazas such as Petro, Loves, Pilot, Flying J, TA, etc. If the signs say "Diesel 24 Hours" that's a pretty good indication that it can handle big rigs. If the sign says "Auto Diesel" don't bother stopping. Trucks are the life blood of transportation to rural America. There is no shortage of diesel fuel stops on the major U.S. and state highways. I look for stations with the pumps parallel to the highway or separate truck pumps. Pay attention to where the trucks are stopping. In 14 years of travel in the lower 48, I have never felt concerned about running out of fuel.

Archived