Got the Volvo registered today

Lance A Lott

Well after a year its registered, not quite ready for the road yet. For the next couple of years I will only be able to move poo, something that makes poo, will become poo or gets rid of poo.  Yes I registered it Ag. But my camper is also a 4 horse trailer so I am legal, at least for 150 mile from home. Fortunately the horse camp we go to is 149 air miles from home!  When the kids are all out of school I will have to decide where to register then. Vermont can't seem to make up its mind. I can register as MH but I can't pull anything,or talk to a different DMV employee and pumper pull is ok but not gooseneck. Or I can make it a truck and pay $800 + for 34k. In Vermont the truck is registered for combined weight.

O well at least I got it singled, short, have the Jackalopee and the direct link installed and the bed figured out. Time to order some steel.

Yes it feels good. I don't know if I will get it far enough along to use in August or not but at least I can use it to haul hay this summer as a shake down.

I have the bed to build fresh and black water tanks and toolboxes to install. As well as a generator box to build. And that doesn't include all the usual hobby farm work. Can't wait.

Congrats, after I bought ours and went to DMV to transfer to De the clerk kept saying to me, So it's a rv, who was I to argue with a state official, he turned a picked out a shiny new RV tag to put on out Kenworth!!!!!

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

14 hours ago, jenandjon said:

Its a lot of work. But in the end its worth it.

Yes, it's absolutely freaking awesome!

Made it to Howe, IN today, didn't get the timing right around Chicago. Stop and go for way too long, but it was not near as aggravating as in a LGT. In the past I would have been totally frazzled after that. I might even learn to like that i-shift.

Archived