Do you see anything wrong in these pictures

dennisvr

2 hours ago, beemergary said:

Since my Peterbilt is over 25 yrs. old I pull my race rig with antique plates. The DOT could set at the gate of the race track saying your there to make money but you usually don't. Then have to prove it. Farmers have special rules in their favor.

Now THAT has to be a first on the forum.  Creative thinking.  Be sure to read your state laws on that, here in Ohio it as to be 25 years old AND " Used only for special events and activities, such as parades".  Kind of like the other examples in this thread, convincing that cop at the gate that pulling your race rig falls into the same category as driving it in a parade would be the trick.  Not that I'm criticizing, my old Harley has a historical plate, and you know it is an amazing coincidence, whenever I'm on that bike I'm coming or going from a memorial run or some such...

10 hours ago, Mntom said:

As long as you own the hoe and are not contracting you won't be commercial. but, that may be a tougher sell to a DOT officer.

I can find so many humorous angles in this statement...
I'm a bad, bad man.  LOL.

Jim
Noob entertaining the idea of an HDT and 5'ver.
I like big trucks and I cannot lie...  :)

9 hours ago, Hot Rod said:

Now THAT has to be a first on the forum.  Creative thinking.  Be sure to read your state laws on that, here in Ohio it as to be 25 years old AND " Used only for special events and activities, such as parades".  Kind of like the other examples in this thread, convincing that cop at the gate that pulling your race rig falls into the same category as driving it in a parade would be the trick.  Not that I'm criticizing, my old Harley has a historical plate, and you know it is an amazing coincidence, whenever I'm on that bike I'm coming or going from a memorial run or some such...

Belong to a couple old truck clubs. Guys haul other trucks-tractors-etc. behind their rigs. If there was a problem I;d know about it. Thinking a Historical Plate is for parades etc. in Mi. Had a flat tire in Ohio last summer a Ohio Trooper stopped to see if I was OK and said have a good weekend at races. Have authentic plates (one time $35.00) on old cars but can't be done on truck. Think I have to renew my antique plate after 10 yrs. Hardest part is getting insurance. Use to get it from Gulfway in Florida but now can get it from State Farm. Hagerty (old cars-boats) still won't insure my big truck. I just put a declarred value on it like my cars.

12 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

So let me get this straight, is Phil transporting ho’s across state lines?

...and he needs an HDT to do it?  That must be a really specific fetish market.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

Everything is bigger in Texas. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

2 minutes ago, Big5er said:

Everything is bigger in Texas. 

So......does "interstate-ho-transport" place you in danger of being placed "outa-service".............oh on second thought......don't answer.....

Drive on............(words escape me........(:>())

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

I looked at a truck for sale over a year ago. It was for sale, because the kid got caught in Ky. No tags on the single axle Truck. Pulling a 40ft Enclosed gooseneck trailer loaded down with stuff. He also had no CDL, and a few other things. 

Reason he got pulled over, He had no breakaway cable to the truck. So the DOT guy pulled him over. and went from there. Shut him down out of Service. And I think He told me the fines were around $9000.00+ and he still had to show up for court.

He was trying to get the truck home. Had bought it in Louisville Ky.But had hooked his work trailer to the truck.:wacko: And tried to tell the guy. He was tagging it when he got home as a RV. 

Longer story shortened down. He was selling it to try and pay all the fines he had .

event.png

14 minutes ago, Av8r3400 said:

Sounds like paying a lawyer would have been a helluva lot cheaper...

Don' t think one of those low lifes would have helped him. As he was Guilty and had no way out. Lawyers can't always get you out of stuff. Sad our country has turned into Lawyers are the way out.

The Kid even told me. His 1 ton pickup was broke down. He was going to try and beat the system for a year or so if he could. He was hauling a lot of stuff. From a Trade show, that he works. Also is paid to haul it from place to place.

If he had just hooked up that breakaway cable. 99% chance he would never been pulled over. DOT cop even told him that was the reason he pulled him over.

So make sure everything is right. Then they have no reason to pull a person over.

event.png

2 hours ago, beemergary said:

Neighbor has a construction co. and hauls a trailer with his name on it. Gets pulled over and cop ask if they guys riding with him are on his payroll. Yes  Well I am going to give you a ticket for not having a commercial drivers liscense in Michigan.

It appears that you are confusing commercial operation with commercial carrier.

In the story of your neighbor, that is clearly commercial operation that requires all the commercial bells and whistles.  If he hauled a backhoe for another person that would be a carrier that would still be commercial and require hauling authority.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Archived