Getting the band together at the National HDT Rally?

Bob86ZZ4

I'm 99% sure I'll make it to the Rally this year. One of my favorite things to do is jam with Henry (Phoenix2013) and Jeff. Are you guys both going to be there this year? Bringing your axe's? Anybody else bringing an axe to jam with? I have a very nice set of Roland V Drums that anybody is welcome to use. Especially the Springfield kids. In the past we jammed for a bit each night in the common hall. Steve, is that still a possibility? If not I can bring my large enclosed car trailer to use as a stage, place to leave the equipment set up during the day. I was just planning to bring my smaller enclosed trailer to carry my gear if we can use the big room. Should I bring the popcorn machine again? 

I will be doing an evening keyboard concert under off the back of my camper on one night, whichever one is best in terms of weather like i did last year. If you like Lawrence Welk, you will love the stuff I play.  I can loan my keyboard to Henry or anyone else who would like to use it. 

Jeff, you're a very good keyboard player. We need to practice together more. 

SuiteSuccess, yes! I like to play any kind of music. Henry is an amazing jazz improv guy. Jeff knows all the hits. I can kind of stay on the beat.

We're all set then. 

rocksbride, can you get back to Davena and tell her to tell Henry to bring his fake book (he'll know what it is). I'm guessing if he's just driving a car he might not have room for his keyboard. It's great that Jeff is willing to share his. 

Just wondering.....................  It seems our generation has a lot of folks who know how to play an instrument. ( I used to play a pretty good trumpet).  But do kids now days even bother?  I have two grand kids who play piano and trumpet (my old one), but I doubt they're normal.

I wish we could come and listen.

On September 27, 2017 at 9:13 PM, rickeieio said:

Just wondering.....................  It seems our generation has a lot of folks who know how to play an instrument. ( I used to play a pretty good trumpet).  But do kids now days even bother?  I have two grand kids who play piano and trumpet (my old one), but I doubt they're normal.

With 10 minutes practice I can crank out some pretty good air guitar, but my old tin kazoo will take longer.  I grew up in a house that owned a piano so that should qualify me for something shouldn't it?  

I wish we could make the rally this year.  While you all are around that campfire you enjoy each other's company.  You will be happy to know the stores won't run out of earplugs this year but if we attend next year that could change.