PRE HDT RALLY?

I'mdonewiththis forum

I know if we show up for the pre rally, we have to go through the campground ourselves for the days outside the official rally, correct? 

Does anyone know the rates for that? I thought I saw it was $20/day, but then saw something else that said $30? Do they have any kind of discount for the HDT Group for the days outside the rally? 

Our exact day is still in the air, but I figure sometime between the 1st and 4th we will show up. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, BlueLghtning said:

I know if we show up for the pre rally, we have to go through the campground ourselves for the days outside the official rally, correct? 

That is correct.

Does anyone know the rates for that? I thought I saw it was $20/day, but then saw something else that said $30? Do they have any kind of discount for the HDT Group for the days outside the rally? 

" If you would like to stay in our RV Park other than the month of September when the Kansas State Fair is taking place, our rates are as follows: $30 per night, $175 per week (7 nights) and $510 per month (30 nights). Rates are subject to change and rates can vary depending on events going on at the Fairgrounds"

Our exact day is still in the air, but I figure sometime between the 1st and 4th we will show up. 

My answers are in blue.......

You can read all about their RV park info here: http://www.kansasstatefair.com/p/facility-rentals/300

VisitedStatesMap.gif

2 minutes ago, Mntom said:

Last year it was $20/night and if you pay for 6 nights you got the seventh free, but according to their site it is now $175/week.

At $30 a night, $175 for a week is more than "pay for 6 nights and get one free". Still not a bad deal. 

I should be there Sunday the 1st, maybe Saturday the 30th. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Total newbie here.  Retiring in about 13 months and looking forward to hitting the road.

First timer to the rally.  Seeing some folks go the week before.  Planning on bringing my girl friend, but not sure about going before the rally.  

Be great to meet up with others.

11 hours ago, Big5er said:

At $30 a night, $175 for a week is more than "pay for 6 nights and get one free". Still not a bad deal. 

What kind of math do they teach in Texas?  Up here in the mid-west, 6 x $30 is $180.  But I'm older than Phil...........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

23 hours ago, BlueLghtning said:

Just pull in and find a spot. There is a box with registration forms by the restroom and a box to drop them in.

Brad 

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

8 hours ago, rickeieio said:

What kind of math do they teach in Texas?  Up here in the mid-west, 6 x $30 is $180.  But I'm older than Phil...........

I meant it was more of a discount...and that $175 a week wasn't a bad deal, compared to the old price.

It ain't math that's the issue it's transposing thought to typin' that's my issue.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I just got off the phone with the Kansas State Fairgrounds office. I asked if for those attending the National HDT Rally and want to come in a few days early, if they could get a break on the $30 per night rate. The short answer was "No". I then asked if someone were to come in say, four days early, and stay over for an extra three days after the rally, could they get the weekly rate. After a pause, she said "Yes, we could do that." So for those that are coming early and staying late for a total of at least seven days combined, go to the admin office and tell them you are with the National HDT Rally and would like the weekly rate for your extra days. That's the best I could do. Hope it helps.

Steve

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

16 minutes ago, cactus said:

Now darn it show us that new trailer!

Can't wait to see it myself!!! One more flight from Nagoya to Cincinnati and then I'm off for two months. Leave Monday for SpaceCraft to pick in up!

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

3 hours ago, sdixon747 said:

I then asked if someone were to come in say, four days early, and stay over for an extra three days after the rally, could they get the weekly rate. After a pause, she said "Yes, we could do that." So for those that are coming early and staying late for a total of at least seven days combined, go to the admin office and tell them you are with the National HDT Rally and would like the weekly rate for your extra days. That's the best I could do. Hope it helps.

Steve

That was what they did for me last year.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Archived