Super C Skirting

Ghost Newbie

Kimber's Creations. Come north, get more for your dollar in Canada. They did the package for our fifth wheel.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

First of all, welcome to the Escapee forums! Always happy to see new folks join in so please do not hesitate to join into any thread or to start new ones.

Have you considered doing the job yourself? While I can't recall seeing it done with a class C, I have seen a class A that the owner skirted using the foil wrapped, expanded foam board materials from a building materials company.  What they did was to cut the sections to fit and set landscape timbers along the edge on the ground, staked down and then attached the foam board to that. The cut edges were sealed by using the metallic duct tape. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I take it this will be for a single Winter only . I spent a Winter in Cheyenne , not exactly the same , but ...

Straw bales ... yes they look redneck , but you probably won't find anything that will insulate nearly as well . If you want to get fancy , wrap the outside two sides in plastic . And , there's should be a rancher handy to take them off your hands when it's time to leave .

Goes around , comes around .

Thank you for the welcome, Kirk. So glad to have friends who have done this before! The foam board solution sounds good. I'm going to look into that with a construction buddy I have. And in the meantime I am going to start looking for a source for bales of straw. I remember when I was a kid, for a while we lived in a travel trailer. Moved a lot for my dad's job (carpenter). He used straw for our insulation one winter in Lander, WY. Thanks for reminding me. Really appreciate the help!

On 8/11/2017 at 1:28 PM, Pat & Pete said:

I take it this will be for a single Winter only . I spent a Winter in Cheyenne , not exactly the same , but ...

Straw bales ... yes they look redneck , but you probably won't find anything that will insulate nearly as well . If you want to get fancy , wrap the outside two sides in plastic . And , there's should be a rancher handy to take them off your hands when it's time to leave .

2X on the bales.  Local hay (read poor quality) worked for us.  Got us through a winter with temperatures to 16 below while the winds were blowing 65 mph..

Later,

J

PS  Might not like the red neck look in a park though. 

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

Archived