CVSA INTERNATIONAL ROAD CHECK

Sculptor

I know this does not affect anyone on this forum, since we all make darn sure we are legal at all times.  ;)  BUT tell your friends about it.  I have never heard of this but I'm new here and I defer to anyone who has more experience than I do.  Big5er might be in training (like a pro boxer not job training)  this week but I would welcome his perspective.

https://keeptruckin.com/blog/cvsa-international-roadcheck-2017/

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

That program only applies to commercial vehicles.  It is basically a reminder to truck drivers to make sure all their systems are in proper working order.  We do similar things at the local level.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

1 minute ago, Chad Heiser said:

That program only applies to commercial vehicles.  It is basically a reminder to truck drivers to make sure all their systems are in proper working order.  We do similar things at the local level.

Thanks Chad, I had no idea what this could imply for any HDT traveling the roads.  Apologies if I fire-alarmed everyone unnecessarily.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

This has been an annual event for at least 20 years. I have friends that make it a point to be on "vacation" that week, those with older equipment, who don't want to go through the hassle of , in some cases, nitpicking inspectors trying to put numbers on the board during a high profile media driven event. 

If you really want to be effective at commercial, or any vehicle inspection process, surprise is the element that needs to be exploited. Pennsylvania is the best example. Almost any rest area on any interstate can be opened for inspection purposes at any time.  it really is effective at catching guys who are skirting the regulations. 

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Years ago, I got pulled into 4 of these from Ar to Nashville. Was a long day for sure. And the last one was the only one. That after me showing them paper work from the others. Let me go and did not have be checked. Second and third ones told me I could have changed trailer's.. Even though the trailer # was on the paperwork.

I still think it was, that I was the only dumb one around for them to check. Rest of the drives took off that day.

Pete

event.png

Jeff, funny that you mention Pa. we crossed into Pa once on I 80 and the very first rest plaza in Pa they were doing that, just starting out in the HDT scene I was quite nervous they might look us over, well as we were pulling out a very nice state trooper looked our way and gave us the thumbs up, guess he liked what he saw.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

7 hours ago, Sculptor said:

Big5er might be in training (like a pro boxer not job training)  this week but I would welcome his perspective.

Everyone is right...not a concern for the RV crowd. I do not know why CVSA (and the state boys) make such a big deal out of this. Like Jeff said, surprise works best. We (my agency) doesn't waste the time with it, since this is what we do all day, everyday, anyway. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

North Dakota is good for spot inspections as well.  I've seen several rest areas that the truck side parking was a temp weigh and inspection area.  Signs, 2 troopers with lights on before the rest area, then 2-3 troopers past the area.  Never stopped for one yet and haven't had any issues.... BUT my windows are NOT tinted this year......

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

On 5/31/2017 at 6:14 PM, Big5er said:

Everyone is right...not a concern for the RV crowd. I do not know why CVSA (and the state boys) make such a big deal out of this. Like Jeff said, surprise works best. We (my agency) doesn't waste the time with it, since this is what we do all day, everyday, anyway. 

I agree when there doing the job right. No reason to do these 72 hour checks. But even in Tn, some scales do there job. Others are there to get by doing less. Brownsville Tn and Manchester scales. Those boys work hard each day. Always joked they had bet's on how could find the most each week.

Wish everyone of them nation wide did there job right. The roads would be safer for sure. I hated to see the deals that lets trucks bypass the sales. We have a few company's (Giant parts places) There Trucks are trash. But 99% of the time they get the bypass.

Pete

event.png

Archived