Smart car crosswise

stolpsaddles

3 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

not only does Dolly trot up the ramp but then she pivots her butt 90 degrees to the right so that she rides sidewise sorta like the not-so-smart-cars.......

Yeah she's cute and all but she ain't got no a/c in the summer or heat in the winter. And no subwoofer for the stereo either.

I'd rather fall off the ramp than get all sweaty without a subwoofer :D

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mntom said:

Don't bet on no sub woofer Phil. Given the amount of 'roughage' I bet there is a fair amount of vibrations felt.........

LMAO  :D I just spewed Dr. Pepper all over myself. That was funny 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

11 hours ago, Mntom said:

Don't bet on no sub woofer Phil. Given the amount of 'roughage' I bet there is a fair amount of vibrations felt.........

Ok now we are getting personal..........just to set the record straight......

Dolly recently passed her latest vet check and old Doc gathered his young interns around and had them listen to heart and look at her teeth and peer deep into her HUGE brown eyes and they marveled at her bare feet that were the best hoofs that they will ever see since she has never had shoes.......(she does have some boots for sharp--rock climbing).....Now Doc and all the young soon-to-vets all listened to her gut for a long time and declared that her "roughage-processor" was in perfect shape and since she totally vegetarian and only consumes 18 to 20 pounds per day she keeps slim at only 1,050 pounds and walks, trots, runs about 10 to 20 miles most days .......with 170 pounds on her back...... 

Tell ya what boys.......just toss 170 pounds on your back and just hike a few miles ......tell me if you break a sweat.....

Ok Dolly is pretty well mannered but she is not perfect.......she tend to have a drinking problem.....about 10 to 15 gallons of water today and some days she might spill another 5 gallons........I have sneaked her a bit of Dr  Pepper and she REALLY likes it she tends to like sweet items but IF the Dollymomma caught me giving Dolly Dr Pepper I would likely get a few lashes with the bullwhip..... 

Now dry camping with a lady that drinks 10 to 15 gallons a day aint exactly dry-camping however she conserves water by taking a dust-bath and then shaking the dust off so that saves some water.......now IF she were to get into a few 2 liter bottles of Dr Pepper she should obviously drink Phil right under the trailer and not even burp........

Unlike a Smart Car...... even Doll's "roughage" is in demand by gardeners and they rave at the results they harvest from their gardens......

14 hours ago, Big5er said:

Yeah she's cute and all but she ain't got no a/c in the summer or heat in the winter. And no subwoofer for the stereo either.

I'd rather fall off the ramp than get all sweaty without a subwoofer :D

Darn toot'n Dolly is cute and she has plenty of heat in the dead is winter and I have seen her accelerate from 0 to 30mph in 20 feet .....dont try that in no Smart car and IF you can handle it she can stop even faster she can walk, trot or run jump over a 2 ft dia log and never bat her HUGE eye lashes.......(no ramps needed).....

She starts fine at -10 degrees and trots through 18 inches of unplowed snow that would bury a Smart Car....... In the heat of last summer at Last Chance Peak she is far smarter that all the Smart Cars........Dolly automatically finds and "parks" in the shade and she cane nap while standing upright.......

She has handled several sub-wolfers, wolfers, and even a mega-wolfer with little more than a bat of a eye and the swift kick of a hoof.......so far as we know her record is a Bull Mastiff and she tossed him about 30 feet and he was smart enough to just keep running away.......Dolly does not kick anything unless whatever tries to bite her.....

Now falling off Dolly might be a bit of a bump but she does not kick of buck so all you have to do is stay in the saddle and let her go into "trail-mode" if you are lazy.....If you like you can just turn around at anytime and tell her to go home and in very little time you will find yourself parked in front of the hay feeder at horse camp and her navigation system makes Copilot look like.....Copilot.......

Dolly for the most part is very stealth but she tends to 'nicker" of sometimes whinny if you approach with a carrot or a bucket of Dr Pepper........ 

Now Phil I have not tried your Dr Pepper with Crown Royal with Dolly and I am pretty sure she just be a bit more filly than you could handle with a few Crown Royals under her saddle......

Your probably right Phil, you might be better off staying with a Smart Car..........as Dirty Harry said........."W e l l.....ah...Man..gota know his.....limitations...." 

Dolly dancing......

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNzy_5OaiMNoe86DQPZksP4AejY-ppo1r981EOX_KnC--OmEG94n2hAeXo9fLCHjg?key=Y2p5ZVNtMzJPdlR6OV8zcEw0Sjd0UjRrVkhORWFR

As for me I keep the 330 gallon tote full of water, 2,000 pound of hay dry, 1,000 pound of Dolly-gear in the cargo box and the "roughage" piled for the vegie-growers...........my trail beast is named Honda or Samurai.....

Drive on........(Dolly can be a kick in the....... wolfer)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

3 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Beautiful animal!

Dolly is loved by all folks that meet her she has impeccable manners around people and other animals as well........Dollymomma purchased Dolly at a young age from a young lady trainer that was very gentle with her so she has never been abused. Dollymamma feeds, grooms, and rides her everyday and they are the best of friends.....

Now the stable-boyee is NOT much of the above.... so..... I just take my lashes and .........clean the "roughage" out of the stalls..... 

Drive on.......(Dolly is a........great member of the family)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

On 4/14/2017 at 4:45 PM, Big5er said:

They are not included (at least not in my state)...and the smart is closer to 106, not 104.  

Sec. 622.903. WIDTH LIMITATION ON CERTAIN RECREATIONAL VEHICLES. (a) In this section:

(1) "Appurtenance" includes an awning, a grab handle, lighting equipment, or a vent. The term does not include a load-carrying device.

(2) "Recreational vehicle" has the meaning assigned by Section 522.004.

(b) A recreational vehicle may exceed a width limitation established by Section 621.201 or 621.202 if the excess width is attributable to an appurtenance that extends six inches or less beyond a fender on one or both sides of the vehicle.

Thanks

event.png

Archived