Product Feedback Please!

coachmac9

Has anybody replaced their shower head with one of the new air injected heads that supposedly save on the water usage and give you a steady stream of water?? Here is the one i have seen advertised on FB but I saw several at Lowes the other day that did the same thing. Just wondering if anybody had used one. Thanks!!

https://www.makingshowersbetter.com/sales-page-10743265

Hey Yarome can you turn the flow all the way off with the little switch on the handle??

Unless they've changed them, there isn't a built in switch. That black section you see is just the air venturi intakes. You can order them with one of their add on shut offs, but I already had one that I had picked up at Lowes on the lower end of the hose. When I tried adding it between the hose and shower head there wasn't enough clearance with the ceiling to still fit in the wall bracket without moving it.

MOST shut-off's in the U.S. though won't shut off the flow completely.. it'll still drip. I guess there is some law that says they have to in order to prevent scalding.. or something or other. I forget now. ;) Point being... they'll still drip unless you can find one that does a complete shut-off.. which are out there.. but can be difficult to find. Try the blow test. Close the valve.. cup your hand and give it a blow.

Someone else might have more info on that, but it's been so long since I installed mine.

We also got one. Very nice.

You might take a look at a previous thread.

The Ecocamel main website is here. It seems to have a bit more information and shows the different styles and options available.

My vote? Hands down.. Ecocamel Jetstorm.

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

The Oxygenics is no slouch either. Both use similar technology that both saves water and gives the feeling of higher water pressure. I used an Oxy for years and was always very happy with it. I don't know of anyone that has ever bought one that didn't feel it was more than worth the money.

Don't be fooled by the EcoCamel advertising though ($79.95 reg.). They 'always' have a "sale" on since I first ran across them a year or so ago. The standard goes for $39.95 and the plus (what I have) is always $49.95. Both are always free shipping even from the U.K.

You'll notice though.. that's only for the shower head.. not the hose.

When they DO have an actual "special" it's usually something like including a free hose, which is really a good one, and the deal I took advantage of. The best deal they do, which is fairly often, is a 2 for 1. $39.95 for 2 standard jetstorms w/free shipping.

If you can wait that's a really solid deal, but even at 50 bones for the plus.. it's still a very worthwhile upgrade. Especially if your water pressure is a bit anemic or you either want to be able to get more hot water time or shower more quickly with less waste.

The Oxygenics is no slouch either. Both use similar technology that both saves water and gives the feeling of higher water pressure. I used an Oxy for years and was always very happy with it. I don't know of anyone that has ever bought one that didn't feel it was more than worth the money.

We were very unhappy with the shower in our travel trailer until we bought our Oxygenics shower head at one Escapade. It completely changed the effectiveness of the shower and we are happy with it now! I believe that we paid about $30 for ours.

31pYE7uUb-L._AC_US240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I compared the Oxygenics (2.0 GPM) handheld to the OEM (1.7GPM) shower handheld head in our MH, decided to save my money.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived