Xscapers

SWharton

I guess I am confused as to the relationship of the Xscapers to Escapees. My impression was that this was a group or primarily younger/family members who full timed.

My daughter and son-in-law are thinking about doing this and I looked on the Escapees website and found no reference to them. I think I checked thoroughly.

I then googles and found the Xscapers website. I feel there should be a link between the 2 sites.

When I went to the Xscapers site I really didn't gain anything. All the references seemed to be back to the Escapees website. There isn't even a forum topic regarding the Xscapers on the discussion forum.

What am I missing? I am trying to find out info but am having no luck.

Can someone point me to some links that will provide me better info since Escapees doesn't seem to have that info.

I don't think you're missing anything. From the few times I've browsed it's exactly the same links, content, and forum as Escapees. The only original thing was the Xscapers domain name.. and it "used" to have an Xscapers logo in the top left.. but looking just now.. it's the Escapees logo.. says "powered by escapees rv club" in the right, and the only reference to "Xscapers" I can see on the entire page is one photo in the slide show. All the rest are advertising Escapees.

There are no unique feature or resources, that I've ever seen, that are Xscapers specific.

Thanks for confirming that the Xscapers is not an integrated part of Escapees. At Escapade I had the impression they were an integrated part of Escapees but I guess I had the wrong impression. Sad, I thought the goal was to bring new, younger blood into Escapees but I guess not. Escapees loss.

I guess I am confused as to the relationship of the Xscapers to Escapees. My impression was that this was a group or primarily younger/family members who full timed.

My daughter and son-in-law are thinking about doing this and I looked on the Escapees website and found no reference to them. I think I checked thoroughly.

I then googles and found the Xscapers website. I feel there should be a link between the 2 sites.

When I went to the Xscapers site I really didn't gain anything. All the references seemed to be back to the Escapees website. There isn't even a forum topic regarding the Xscapers on the discussion forum.

Can someone point me to some links that will provide me better info since Escapees doesn't seem to have that info.

While doing some website upgrades the Xscapers site got a little banged up which is why the site currently looks the same as Escapees. We expect this issue to be corrected very soon. In the meantime here is a little background on Xscapers. The group is a lifestyle group within the Escapees membership and does not function as its own independent club. The group does however specifically cater to the working RVer and offers its own unique events called convergences. Beyond that the site also hosts unique information pertaining to those working aged RVers and has also inspired Escpaees to create more member benefits such as a Job Board.

I don't think you're missing anything. From the few times I've browsed it's exactly the same links, content, and forum as Escapees. The only original thing was the Xscapers domain name.. and it "used" to have an Xscapers logo in the top left.. but looking just now.. it's the Escapees logo.. says "powered by escapees rv club" in the right, and the only reference to "Xscapers" I can see on the entire page is one photo in the slide show. All the rest are advertising Escapees.

There are no unique feature or resources, that I've ever seen, that are Xscapers specific.

This is incorrect to some extent. Xscapers does offer its own unique resources and information. We have also created special events that cater to working aged demographic to better fit their lifestyle. Becoming and Escapees RV Club member gives you access to the group since it is apart of the same membership. The website was recently updated which caused some bug in the site. This is why there currently seems to be no information pertaining directly to Xscapers.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find things on the Xscapers. Here is one member's account of it when they met at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. I'm sure they will meet up at Quartzsite in January. I guess most of the communication is done via Facebook but we don't do that.

We've been asked about this group and we really hesitate to mention it because, as you have found out, it's hard to get information on it. Personally, I find the whole Escapess web site hard to find things.

http://www.technomadia.com/2015/10/launching-a-dream-into-reality-the-xscapers-convergence-at-albuquerque-balloon-fiesta/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Travis,

When will the website be up and running again? Having to go to multiple blogs to get a feel is fine but they do not address the underlying need for information specific to Xscapers. We(Escapees) are doing them a disservice in not at least having some links posted to access their information. I don't have a Facebook account anymore and have no plans to get one so that is a non-starter from me.

We're new to the lifestyle and new to Xscapers, fulltime and working on the road for just over a month now, and looking for ways to connect. We heard great things about Escapees/Xcapers and came here right away, but this thread speaks volumes. Finding anything on Xscapers right now is really difficult (heck the Escapees site is difficult to navigate, and I do cloud software for a living!). We do have Facebook accounts, but I don't see how that works either - every single post is by "Xscapers" and I don't see any socializing going on. How does that work?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mark and Peggy

Mark, Peggy and Samson

2016 Newmar Ventana

2016 Subaru Crosstrek

We're new to the lifestyle and new to Xscapers, fulltime and working on the road for just over a month now, and looking for ways to connect. We heard great things about Escapees/Xcapers and came here right away, but this thread speaks volumes. Finding anything on Xscapers right now is really difficult (heck the Escapees site is difficult to navigate, and I do cloud software for a living!). We do have Facebook accounts, but I don't see how that works either - every single post is by "Xscapers" and I don't see any socializing going on. How does that work?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mark and Peggy

As previously mentioned the Xscapers website has been under maintenance and is not live at the moment. I assume you are having difficulties finding more information pertaining directly to the group. Make sure you join the FB Group Page at www.facebook.com/groups/xscapers I have a feeling you are only following the business page currently. Hope this helps!

Travis,

When will the website be up and running again? Having to go to multiple blogs to get a feel is fine but they do not address the underlying need for information specific to Xscapers. We(Escapees) are doing them a disservice in not at least having some links posted to access their information. I don't have a Facebook account anymore and have no plans to get one so that is a non-starter from me.

We are hoping by the end of the week. Due to the complexities of our custom code, a recently applied update did a real number on the site.

As previously mentioned the Xscapers website has been under maintenance and is not live at the moment. I assume you are having difficulties finding more information pertaining directly to the group. Make sure you join the FB Group Page at www.facebook.com/groups/xscapers I have a feeling you are only following the business page currently. Hope this helps!

Thanks Travis, you are correct I guess I only saw the "business" page, but that's part of the confusing aspect of everything. When I searched and found links, that's the only one that came up. When the Xscapers real website comes back online, are things like the social Facebook page and other Xscaper-specific things more prominent? Right now it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Other than Facebook, is there an Xscaper forum, or at least a subforum of this one? Seems like you have a bunch of folks who don't have Facebook accounts.

Mark, Peggy and Samson

2016 Newmar Ventana

2016 Subaru Crosstrek

Sad, I thought the goal was to bring new, younger blood into Escapees but I guess not.

That's pretty much my sentiment.

This is incorrect to some extent. Xscapers does offer its own unique resources and information.

I really appreciate all of your and Mel's efforts.. however.. with regard to the Xscapers portal.. that's never been my experience and not in the least incorrect. There was at one time.. aka.. the job board.. that was initiated more toward the Xscapers crowd... but it's not what I would consider to be "unique content". It's the same board that's available from the Escapees website as well.. even if it's motivation was unique.

I know they are more active on facebook.. but where on the Xscapers main page does it drive any traffic to facebook.. and for those that don't have facebook.. how is anyone able to access Xscapers specific information or reports/photos/write-ups on recent gatherings?

I'll admit that I don't frequent the portal page weekly.. but since it's inception.. I've never found anything that wasn't redundant.

They DO need their own space and the need for the club as a whole is evident. Why there hasn't been at least an Xscapers specific BOF or HOP or forum created.. I know not. ;)

I certainly see the need for it.. I think it's a fantastic idea.. but like 2gypsies.. I hesitate to ever mention or promote "Xscapers" to any that I come in contact with.

Just sayin...

I'll admit that I don't frequent the portal page weekly.. but since it's inception.. I've never found anything that wasn't redundant.

They DO need their own space and the need for the club as a whole is evident. Why there hasn't been at least an Xscapers specific BOF or HOP or forum created.. I know not. ;)

You definitely are correct about being uninformed about X-scapers..... The HOP program is aimed at us, but the Convergence program is exactly what you are talking about. It isn't the first one and has been around for a while. In addition, there are special activities at Escapade for that group as well.

Coachella Convergence 20

April 13 – 17, 2017

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

You definitely are correct about being uninformed about X-scapers..... The HOP program is aimed at us, but the Convergence program is exactly what you are talking about.

And just WHERE exactly is there any Convergence info posted that I'm so ill informed about?? Facebook?

And just WHERE exactly is there any Convergence info posted that I'm so ill informed about?? Facebook?

Xscapers specific information, such as convergences, is found at www.xscapers.com. However, as stated in several of the posts, the website is currently under maintenance and is displaying the Escapees website until it is fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding is that there are also home schooling families that are part of the Xscapers and the convergences. I tend not to travel much in the southern areas so I have not been able to attend one.

Last year Escapade was in "southern" Vermont. :lol:

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived