Driving Schools

Alie&Jim's Carrilite

Several weeks ago, there was a topic that evolved into a driving school discussion. I need help finding that thread and research the companies as we have a nephew that is in need of a few lessons..... oops!

I believe there is a course at Road Atlanta, but evidently didn't use the right words in my search.

Anyone able to find that topic?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Thanks, Let's just say that our nephew was a distracted driver with the sun in his eyes, that had an oncoming car cross the center line but swerved back into its lane. Said nephew rear-ended the car in front of him at a stop sign. 55mph sudden stop. No major injuries but a lingering concussion. Kid is afraid to drive now......

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Also look at the school that was specifically developed for teens, B.R.A.K.E.S. It was developed from a tragedy that had Doug Herbert lose his two sons in a traffic accident. It is often a course taught at NHRA race locations but there are others too. Some NHRA drivers even have had their teens go through the school and they have commented that it has helped their children with necessary skills.

Marcel

Street Survival mentioned above is a really good course. They'll also let parents participate if there's space in the class at many locations, and the price is really hard to beat.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

For those of you who have noticed the aggressive drivers in the Phoenix metro area and the very close following distance many younger drivers maintain, you will not be surprised to learn that the school districts, in large part, eliminated drivers ed in the name of cost cutting many years ago. The programs remaining have four students and an instructor in the car, so the students get a relatively small dose of actual driving experience. We had to pay for private driving lessons for our two boys and this was over twenty years ago.

John McLaughlin

2010 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, singled and decked

2014 Lifestyle 38' Fifth Wheel

Thanks for all the info. Passing it all along to my sister. She is in Georgia so the courses at Road Atlanta would fit nicely for her.

This is where I'm actually having an issue.... I have been thru half a dozen driving schools and courses. But I can't explain and he will not listen to me, his uncle that has driven and wrecked at speeds before..... all on closed tracks with proper equipment in boats and cars...

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived