Leak

Amills

So this weekend we where out camping and it was raining.. we have never had a problem before... this weekend we started to notice that rug around bed was soaking wet!! And I can't tell where it came from... if my slide out leaking would that be wet and the area right around it? Ugh

What age, type and model of RV do you have?

Is there a chance your RV was slightly off level so that water getting on the top of the slide out will flow toward the RV side wall rather than away from the sidewall.

The seals on the edges of the slideouts may not always make a 100% seal. If enough water is flowing towards the seal, it may allow some of it to seep inside.

Also the water flowing down the sides of the slideout may migrate toward the RV side wall if there is a poor seal, can seep in and down to the carpet.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

I had this happen once when there was a high wind and driving rain coming at the slides. Woke up to wet floors. Now I will put the slides in if its raining that hard. The seals are good but no seal is perfect in all conditions. I also try to have a slight tilt to have the top of the slide sloping away from the motorhome and not towards it.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

And , if the seals are original , they are now 16 years old ( maybe older if they sat on a shelf ) . They could have cracks or worn spots .

We always insure that all slide seals are edged outward when we park for a while . I use my awning rod to reach the top of the sides and work it downward to the bottom . We have slide top awnings that help protect the tops .

Goes around , comes around .

DH did not mention this, but we also had wet carpet by the slide. It turned out to be a leak from the water heater. Water was in that area and then apparently ran thru on the framing past the toilet room and then was being soaked up by the carpet by the edge of the slide on 1 side of the bed. You might want to check that if your water heater is on that side of the motorhome.

Pat DeJong

With a coach that is now 15 years old, there is a good possibility that the leak is from worn seals and you may need to replace them. But tracking the source of a leak is one of the bigger challenges of RV life. Look for signs of water that might hint where it originated. You may want to spray with a water hose to see if you can pin it down in that way.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived