Our HDT's 1st BIG trip

dblr

Just want to report that we finally got in what was to us our 1st big trip with our HDT. We clocked in just under 4,500 miles over a 65 night trip from Delaware to New Mexico and Colorado and all went well, only issue on the trip was a cab air bag went bad and got it replaced while in Dodge City Ks. We had mix bags of travel days any where from around 3 hours to up to 8 in a day and will say with all the miles we did I am so glad for the ride and comfort and also the power & braking of the HDT when we reached the west with all the mountains.

Thanks to everyone here who posts info as even if I don't post I read almost every thread to learn about our trucks and keep up with them and also for the places to visit and stay. Looking forward to many more big trips as there is so much to see in our great country and info to learn, thanks again to everyone here.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Glad you had a good trip.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Congratulations. We made a similar trip this summer and also only had one issue with our truck - a cab airbag. As discussed in another thread, can airbags don't do well sitting for long periods without air in them. I guess that means we need to have the truck out on the road more. ;)

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Congratulations. We made a similar trip this summer and also only had one issue with our truck - a cab airbag. As discussed in another thread, can airbags don't do well sitting for long periods without air in them. I guess that means we need to have the truck out on the road more. ;)

I will have to agree with you on the airbags, we have had the truck now for 3 years and this is the 2nd time we have had to replace them.

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Congratulations! May you have many years and miles of adventure in your rig.

Thanks Flyguy, I was the one who yelled at you when you were driving the taxi golf cart at the FROG Rally, maybe see you again at the ECR next year, safe travels

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to report that we finally got in what was to us our 1st big trip with our HDT. We clocked in just under 4,500 miles over a 65 night trip from Delaware to New Mexico and Colorado and all went well, only issue on the trip was a cab air bag went bad and got it replaced while in Dodge City Ks. We had mix bags of travel days any where from around 3 hours to up to 8 in a day and will say with all the miles we did I am so glad for the ride and comfort and also the power & braking of the HDT when we reached the west with all the mountains.

Thanks to everyone here who posts info as even if I don't post I read almost every thread to learn about our trucks and keep up with them and also for the places to visit and stay. Looking forward to many more big trips as there is so much to see in our great country and info to learn, thanks again to everyone here.

Did you go from a 1 ton truck to the HDT? I think if people posted what they used to drive, then now much better the HDT is now. That would bring more people into the dark side.

I can say, in the mid 80's I hurt my back. At that time in my car or pickup, an hour trip was murder. But I could jump in the semi, drive 8 hours without stepping out of the cab. And not hurt or feel that bad. Even today a normal auto, kills my back if I ride more then 2 hours. But with the air ride in our Kodiak C5500. I can drive 5 hours and still feel like moving. That's the only reason I keep looking at a Peterbilt or Volvo. As I know the ride will only improve .

Pete

event.png

Pete K, yes I use to tow with our F350 dual wheel truck and still do at times but use it more as a jockey wagon to put the camper in the storage lot from time to time, but hope next month to have a different parking spot and can park with the HDT. Might finally decide to sell the Ford after that but will miss it.

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Archived