Replace fluorescent bulbs with LEDs

I tried to find a way to search this forum for the topic - could find no way to search. :(

I replaced the fluorescent bulbs in one of my fixtures with LEDs and this time took pictures at each step and then created a step by step set of instructions.

Here is a low resolution copy of the instructions. If you would like a HD copy, send me a message with your e-mail address. The HD version is about 2MB in size. :)

I was unable to squeeze the size down enough to attach even a low res copy. Sorry, if anyone want's a copy let me know LD or HD.

F-250 SCREW 4X4 Gas, 5th NuWa Premier 35FKTG, Full Time, Engineer Ret.

I am having trouble with pictures too. The size has to be decreased so much it is almost unviewable. Someone needs to write an instruct able and make it a stickie somewhere on the site.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Most of the pictures that are put into posts here are stored somewhere like PhotoBucket or similar location and then a url is placed into the window that is opened by clicking on the image icon in the posting window.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I read the installation instruction and specs on Amazon for LED replacements there. Nothing hard about their replacement, but reviews hint they may be directional. Some suggested aluminum tape behind LEDs to deflect light in more directions.

I'm just now getting around to replacing incandescent lighting with LED, florescent is waiting their turn.

DW's Lincoln is all LED lighting, every light is much brighter than my old Chevy dually lighting.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

You have to search for it. Search bar, upper right.

I don't have a search bar anywhere, that was sort of my point.

EDIT:

I tried it in Chrome. I do have a search bar in Chrome :) . Have to remember that in case I ever need to search again.

Umm, I see no link to anything in the OP's post. Am I missing something?

Which was why I mentioned in the post that I was unable to attach anything even remotely useful to the post.

My suggestion was to message me with an e-mail address and I could send a copy. But Kirk has a better suggestion. I will put a copy in photobucket and then put a link in the post.

EDIT:

Guess not, photobucket will only accept images or small video.

I'll say again, if anyone want's a copy, message me an e-mail address and your choice of LD or HD and I'll send a copy.

Even better for searching is to use Google with the "site" option so it just gives you answers from here. Jost copy/past eh following line into the search block:

site:http://www.rvnetwork.com

Other search engines might have similar options.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

EDIT:

Guess not, photobucket will only accept images or small video.

What format is you instruction document in? I assumed (incorrectly it seems) that it was a photo image. Documents are a bit more difficult.

EDIT;

While I have never tried this, if you go to the bottom of the Edit window and click on "Use full Editor" you will find a button at the bottom which says "Attach Files." It appears that you can upload as much as 100 KB file that way.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

What format is you instruction document in? I assumed (incorrectly it seems) that it was a photo image. Documents are a bit more difficult.

EDIT;

While I have never tried this, if you go to the bottom of the Edit window and click on "Use full Editor" you will find a button at the bottom which says "Attach Files." It appears that you can upload as much as 100 KB file that way.

That was what I tried, but in its smallest version, it's 304k. HD is about 2mb.

I have it in pdf and MS Word doc. It would lose a lot of its charm in text, I could put it in HTML if someone needs it that way.

I have a web page of my LED Conversion using LED strips because I didn't want to spend the amount for off-the-shelf LED tubes.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Dropbox will also host files, I think there are some notes on using it down in the "About the Forums" topic.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Hmmm.. you don't see Search in the title bar, upper right? Where it says 'Rv network'? Are you using a computer, or some other device?

Computer. When I tried Chrome browser, there was a search bar in the upper right. it wasn't there on my regular browser and it didn't occur to me to try a different browser and see if the web page acted differently..... :rolleyes:

Archived