Deleted. Old Scuba Gear and Tanks

SuiteSuccess

Deleted. Daughter just informed me she wants the gear. Sorry.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

trying not to picture Carl in a rubber suit

Now my feelings are hurt. Would probably look like the Michelin Man. Ralf, know RandyA used couple of tanks as accessories for his air system. Also thought some of our brilliant minds could come up with a use for the regulators and pressure gauges.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I have a bunch of scuba stuff sitting around as well.

Not sure if I will use it any time soon. Regulators can be used to fill tires with the right adapter :). 3000 psi worth of air on demand!!!

Now I have to go see if I can still fit in my wet suit. The dog better not laugh.

Just got back from Utila, first dive trip in 20yrs...it's still fun and doable (unlike some other activities). I'd hang onto it.

Dave,

Had some good times. My oldest daughter had her instructer certification,doesn't dive anymore. She dove without any weight at all. I took 12-14 lbs to get down. We used to video and do underwater photography. I have a picture somewhere with her perfectly vertical using breath control to descend into a cup coral to do a still photo of a banded shrimp. Absolutely stunning. Fond memories. You're right might just refurb and get the grandkids involved. One last hurrah!

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Keep it if the suit still fits, but keep the equipment anyway. There are so many places to dive. Where we are in eastern NC is about an hour from Morehead city when several shops run charters to wrecks off of Cape Hatteras. Tons of places thru out the country- Great lakes, Salt Lake, south-east coast, northeast coast if you like cold water. Plus all the cave dives that are available.

Jim's Adventures

Old Spacecraft.... Who knows whats next

Ok guys to get back on track. Original post was to offer some of the gear for an HDT project if anyone could figure out a use for it like Randy did with the tanks. But like I said daughter is claiming it so will repost if she decides to not take it.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

An old tank does make an excellent thump tank. Plumb output with 1/2 pipe and 3/8 hose and you can run a impact long enough to get a couple of lug nuts loose - even if you feed the tank with 1/4 line. IMHO well worth the time and effort if you can get an old SCUBA or oxygen tank to add to the tail end of your HDT air system.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

An old tank does make an excellent thump tank. Plumb output with 1/2 pipe and 3/8 hose and you can run a impact long enough to get a couple of lug nuts loose - even if you feed the tank with 1/4 line. IMHO well worth the time and effort if you can get an old SCUBA or oxygen tank to add to the tail end of your HDT air system.

A C02 system will get lots more lugs, fill tires, etc.

SCUBA - The 3K psi (if your tank/are still certified) will cost more to refill than the C02 - along with some

kind of (bound to be expensive) regulator.

Nope, can't plumb (the C02) it in to your on-board compressor - but sure is handy.

Check Power Tank (or ask Jack) for the various uses.....then any off-road site for a DIY set-up

at about 1/2 the cost of Power Tank.

I believe what Randy is referring too is a "surge reservoir" . I made one from a small air compressor, wheels and all. Added a "deck" on top to store air tools and sockets. I wheel it to the job in my shop. It's fed by the 3/8' shop air hose, but the out put lines are 1/2" and 3/4". Makes that 3/4" impact think it's 1".

Cost was a hand full of fittings and some paint.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Yes, surge tanks for anyone that never made moonshine and knows what a "thump" keg is :rolleyes:

airtanks.jpg

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Archived